Prospect Info: Ryan Winterton (Round 3, 67 overall)

Greggo56

Feb 24, 2020
I expect Winterton to shift back to centre for the Bulldogs next season and he is going to have to take on more of a leadership role to go with it. If McTavish hadn't be acquired Winterton likely would've played much less of this past season as a winger but also, maybe his shoulder was never 100% this year and the shift to wing was a result of that.
It’s a matter of time before he dominates the league. I seen somewhere that he prefers playing wing but he’s willing to do whatever it takes to play in the big league.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You guys are really lucky to have him. A great prospect that I have no idea how much he was passed over.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I reffed this kid in Whitby when he played tyke hockey and he was notably the best player on the ice back then. Officially old I guess

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Lots of movement today for Kraken prospects.
With Melanson ending up in Sherbrooke with the Phoenix it will give Kraken a closer look at potential RWing draftee Ethan Gauthier a feisty 1st-2nd round hopeful. Something lacking with the Kraken right now

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
My hope for Winterton is to stay healthy and get a few good seasons starting with the rest of the year and then time in Coachella Valley where he ply his trade for 3-4 years. Being able to play Centre/RWing will serve Winterton well

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Empty net goal and 2 assists from Winterton this afternoon in a 3-1 win. London with a 2-0 series lead over Sarnia.

Winterton seems to be a player who really steps up come playoff time. Glad to see him continue it with the Knights.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad