Ryan White

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Not a lot of talk about Ryan White these days. RFA, expiring $700k contract -- what do you think is he coming back?

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Give him a shot as the 4th centre he's a good player, I don't get Therrien not giving him a look in the playoffs, felt bad for White who would've been great I think

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Prust - White - Weise would be a real good 4th line imo, a hard-hitting line that's gritty and fast and has decent goalscoring potential. Don't like constructing a 4th line out of spare parts like the Habs have frequently done in the past.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
He'll probably be back, he's an alright depth forward and it's usually easier to just keep those guys around than to go find them in free agency.

Last edited:

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I love White, the way he plays, and quite frankly I liked him more before they put a leash on him. He doesn't seem to be as effective anymore and still takes bad penalties. That being said, I'd keep him as a 13th forward, but signing a RH center who is good on draws and kills penalties would be a priority for me.
Enter Joe Vitalle from the penguins, he is better than White in every category with the exception of fighting. Over 62% on draws and is a great pk'er, so Plekanec can hopefully get a bit more rest on the defensive side of the puck.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I love Ryan White I would have loved to see him in the playoffs over Prust for at least a game or two.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
imo Prust, Wiese, Briere, Moen, and perhaps Bournival are all 4th liners who are ahead of him. Plus we might add a real tough guy. So White at best will be a 13th forward unless we're able to move Moen and Briere's salaries and Bournival goes into the top 9.

But imo Bournival's speed turns the 4th line into a 2nd 3rd line.
Weise-Briere-Bournival was dynamite in the playoffs.

And with Andrighetto on the way and hopefully the signing of a scorer to replace Vanek, Bournival may not get into the top 9.

I also still think Gabriel Dumont has the potential to be better than White. White just doesn't do enough with the puck. Many plays die on his stick.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
imo Prust, Wiese, Briere, Moen, and perhaps Bournival are all 4th liners who are ahead of him. Plus we might add a real tough guy. So White at best will be a 13th forward unless we're able to move Moen and Briere's salaries and Bournival goes into the top 9.

But imo Bournival's speed turns the 4th line into a 2nd 3rd line.
Weise-Briere-Bournival was dynamite in the playoffs.

And with Andrighetto on the way and hopefully the signing of a scorer to replace Vanek, Bournival may not get into the top 9.

I also still think Gabriel Dumont has the potential to be better than White. White just doesn't do enough with the puck. Many plays die on his stick.

Dumont is done IMO in Mont-Real

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3