Ryan White

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's actually sad for White, he's evolved a lot as a player this season. I would consider him a legit 4th line center now. His time will come and I'd definitely keep him for next year.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I think Moen will likely be dealt over the off season and White will pick up some fourth line minutes. He's an excellent penalty killer and face off guy, and a total team player. Bergevin won't let that kind of guy walk.

I doubt Moen is dealt. You make it sound like so many teams need a guy like him. Lol

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
It's actually sad for White, he's evolved a lot as a player this season. I would consider him a legit 4th line center now. His time will come and I'd definitely keep him for next year.
Problem is that he is behind: Desharnais, Plekanec, Galchenyuk,
Eller and Briere.
So he is a 6th in our depth chart.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Problem is that he is behind: Desharnais, Plekanec, Galchenyuk,
Eller and Briere.
So he is a 6th in our depth chart.

White could play wing but for now nothing tells us Briere with be playing center (or will still be here for that matter) or that Galchenyuk will be playing center.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Resign him, he's cheap and dedicated. Even as a 13th forward he's great. I hope the org doesn't do the same mistake they did with Lapierre. These kinds of players are what character is. ;)

Edit: FFS Brière isn't on the center depth, he's a plug for 1 season and a half and that's it

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Resign him. We are healthy to a degree that is extremely unusual and that has a lot to do with our success.
White has gotten better every season (small regression last year, but learning experience). He's a keeper.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hard to believe that 12 games into the playoffs that Ryan White has seen no action. I know it is a numbers game but honestly I think he brings more than Prust or Moen.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Hard to believe that 12 games into the playoffs that Ryan White has seen no action. I know it is a numbers game but honestly I think he brings more than Prust or Moen.

Healthy? Not even close. With both of them being injured, possibly, but he still shouldn't slot in over someone like galchenyuk.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Resign him. We are healthy to a degree that is extremely unusual and that has a lot to do with our success.
White has gotten better every season (small regression last year, but learning experience). He's a keeper.

Has played parts of 5 seasons with the Habs. He has a career high of 6 points in 52 games this year. He is 26 years old. What you see is basically what you get at this point. If Moen wasn't signed for two more years, there would be room for White. No room for him without some trades IMO.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Ryan White IN?
(game 3).

He's been waiting for so long...he deserves to be in.

Sure, why not? The team needs a shot of something. But if he takes a bad penalty he's done for good.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Briere - Plekanec - Galchenyuk
Prust - White - Weise

White IN Vanek OUT
hahahahaha

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Exactly. Team doesn't need jump - they had tons of it in game 2. They need players who can finish chances. That ain't White.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
He's a good utility player to keep around. But the team is healthy now, and I too would bring Bournival back into the lineup ahead of White. And Moen ahead of him too. It's not really a knock on White. It's good to have this kind of depth.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
There's no reason for him not to get his QO. If he doesn't play because we stay healthy so be it. It's better to sign him now and not need him then to not sign him and be forced to trade for a depth player at the deadline.

Long term it's hard to say if he has a future with us. Some things working in his favour are:
- Right hand shot
- Can play Center or Wing
- Good PKer
- Seems well liked in the room
- Cheap

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Why would we make our team worse by replacing Moen with White?

Moen might be better but is he 1.1m better?

I'd certainly rather have that extra million to help lure a top UFA then spending it on a 4th liner.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Moen might be better but is he 1.1m better?

I'd certainly rather have that extra million to help lure a top UFA then spending it on a 4th liner.

Given the current roster, I would be surprised if Moen is not shopped in the off season.

Would be a good fit in Calgary or Edmonton, young teams needing quality vets.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Next season... Ryan White has to be a regular on the 4th line (or at worst...sometimes a 13th player...at worst).

Moen:
when the time is right...try to get a 2nd or 3rd Rnd pick for Moen...I feel loyal towards his warrior defensive style (quiet/efficient/smart) and how he defended a lot of teammates against bigger/tougher players (Moen's brave). But...it's time for the younger White to shine defensively and help us the way Prust can (or White has the potential to be better than Prust imo...you don't trade White...you don't...White's an amazing team player...he just needs more trust from the coaching staff to shine).

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I would keep him. I think he is well liked in the locker room and seems likes that goofball who can get the team to forget about problems and just have fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00