Injury Report: Ryan Suter (Lower-Body Injury, Out for Season)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We're already all but in... so I don't think it's "if"... but I like the idea.
I wouldn't count them in until it's official. We could still panic and blow the rest of the games. And we'll be facing a few teams that are also fighting for their playoff lives. We have a four point lead. Yes, at this point it may look like we could make it. But again, this is Minnesota.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wouldn't count them in until it's official. We could still panic and blow the rest of the games. And we'll be facing a few teams that are also fighting for their playoff lives. We have a four point lead. Yes, at this point it may look like we could make it. But again, this is Minnesota.
I'm not you, so I don't look at it so pessimistically. I am a realist through and through, and the realist says a fan who is optimistic about his team getting into the playoffs sitting 4pts back with only 4 games to go, is likely out of their mind.

You also have to remember that said team that is 4pts back just lost their #1 goalie and #1 d-man for the season.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
A few of the teams in the hunt play each other in the final stretch, so it would be tough to miss, though not impossible.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
i just really hope the young boys on D can look at themselves in the mirror and say "i got this. we got this."
and elevate their game to a new level.

get well Ryan!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, the "young guns" are no longer young, but in their prime. Time for them to show what they have. At this point, we basically have a BUF level D corps till Spurge comes back, and even then, he won't be himself for a couple of games at least.

I'm talking about Brodin, Dumba, Nino, Granlund, Zucker, and Coyle here. I believe that Brodin, Coyle, and Nino can and should be doing more. Dumba needs to learn how to do less. Zucker and Granlund are fine.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
f***... tough loss for you guys. Someone can hopefully step up and be an unsung hero in the post season.

Beat the Oilers, clinch the playoffs and rest some of the key guys a little bit before playoffs start. The La and Anaheim games will be intense as those 2 will be fighting for their playoff lives.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I guess the nice part is that it's just a bone thing and bones heal... so no long term damage. Much "better" than blowing your knee for example. Won't help for this season of course, but should be a non-issue going forward.

Reactions: 2Pair

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Hope they'll find matching Bison's fibula sooner than later. Should hold the rest of the season, while not as strong as original.

Suter probably got a pre-mounted service hatch in his ankle, so just change few nuts and bolts and he'd be good to go?

Right...right?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Really hope Suter is going to be ok. He's a real class act.
Suter's fine. He's got a guaranteed contract worth a gazillion dollars, and all the Kwik trip food he can eat.

It's us fans who need help. And we thought the Bridgewater thing sucked!

Reactions: TaLoN

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hope they'll find matching Bison's fibula sooner than later. Should hold the rest of the season, while not as strong as original.

Suter probably got a pre-mounted service hatch in his ankle, so just change few nuts and bolts and he'd be good to go?

Right...right?
Bison not strong enough. It's hard to find a good Mastadon these days.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
All great quotes, and exactly what those guys should be saying. They mean nothing. When the puck drops, the team with the best players wins more oftrn than not.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
All great quotes, and exactly what those guys should be saying. They mean nothing. When the puck drops, the team with the best players wins more oftrn than not.
I know this. But thought this thread could use some positivity.Sorry that I don’t I think everything is doom and gloom all the time. Like everyone else.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm not as worried as most on here, maybe its the cold meds I'm on? Losing Suter sucks, and takes away a big part of the team. for sure.

It's not Brodin/Dumba I'm concerned about. They've played enough together and against the other team's top lines plenty this year. It's the 2nd and 3rd pairs that are troublesome. If one or (preferably) both of Olofsson and Spurgeon then I think they will be fine.

Brodin/Dumba
Seeler/Spurgeon
Olofsson/Prosser

Before anyone thinks I'm bagging on Spurgeon (I'm not). Brodin/Spurgeon just hasn't worked well in the very limited time they've played together. Seeler/Spurgeon compliment each other well and I thought they looked good together.

I wouldn't be surprised if Suter is on the ice for G1 of the opening round: pain killers, duct tape, and some sort of splint/walking cast. After all look at what EK did in last year's Playoffs. No way Suter lets EK out tough him. :popcorn:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
At least our power play % should go up... right?

If Brodin can put up a point ever 94 secs of PPToI, it'll go through the roof. :thumbu:

I've given up on the PP the Wild run; it either works well or it doesn't work at all. I think it'll be more entertaining if that helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad