Player Discussion Ryan Strome

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Strome after signing his deal

53697461.jpg

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I iso'ed him a few times. He has bought in defensively. He's playing below the dots and on the walls and springing the breakouts.

Reactions: Rempe73

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Strome is already number 83 on highest scoring forwards in Rangers history. Assume a third of those were centers and he's one of the top 30 scoring centers that have ever played for the Rangers. It's crazy to think his output is easily replaceable.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If a player is struggling, give him to strome. Glad to see the whole can't play without Panarin thing has been put to rest again, ofcourse it was a really lazy uninformed take anyway.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
If a player is struggling, give him to strome. Glad to see the whole can't play without Panarin thing has been put to rest again, ofcourse it was a really lazy uninformed take anyway.

Laf and Strome needs to become a thing.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Almost as lazy as deciding it's not the case after two games.

For reference, I don't think it's the case. He's got a lot better the last year or two. But two games tells you nothing.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
If he continues playing like this its hard to not want huim back. he is driving play, pressuring the goalie into bad plays even, no floating

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
He wasn't a beloved draft pick by our organization so he doesn't get any real love. Imagine Chytil eventually looked as good as Strome does, can you imagine the love he would be getting?

Reactions: duhmetreE

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
He wasn't a beloved draft pick by our organization so he doesn't get any real love. Imagine Chytil eventually looked as good as Strome does, can you imagine the love he would be getting?
There’s plenty of arguments to be made that Chytil’s gotten much more love in his young career than he’s really deserved.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Plays with Panarin, develops instant chemistry and gets the most out of Panarin
Plays with Kakko, develops strong chemistry and gets the best out of Kakko
Plays with Laffy, develops chemistry and gets the best out of Laffy
Plays with Goodrow, gets the most out of Goodrow

are you noticing a trend? Even last year, he was producing with Kreider in that brief stint

It doesn't mean he's a perfect player but he elevates his linemates

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Plays with Panarin, develops instant chemistry and gets the most out of Panarin
Plays with Kakko, develops strong chemistry and gets the best out of Kakko
Plays with Laffy, develops chemistry and gets the best out of Laffy
Plays with Goodrow, gets the most out of Goodrow

are you noticing a trend? Even last year, he was producing with Kreider in that brief stint

It doesn't mean he's a perfect player but he elevates his linemates

I've been strongly against Strome being re-signed, but as I've said, if you break up Panarin and Strome and Strome's role becomes a guy who can start setting up Lafreniere, he's worth every penny.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Not to be that guy but i’m skeptical on the reason Strome has turned into this defensive wizard overnight

it’s possible that he’s just bought into what Gallant is selling but Strome certainly wouldn’t be the first guy to start giving a shit and playing harder in arguably the most important contract year of his life.

And then subsequently stop giving a shit once he’s secured his bag

ultimately if he helps the team win it’s whatever but color me skeptical lol

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Not to be that guy but i’m skeptical on the reason Strome has turned into this defensive wizard overnight

it’s possible that he’s just bought into what Gallant is selling but Strome certainly wouldn’t be the first guy to start giving a shit and playing harder in arguably the most important contract year of his life.

And then subsequently stop giving a shit once he’s secured his bag

ultimately if he helps the team win it’s whatever but color me skeptical lol

I hear you. He hasn't always paid attention to the defensive side of the game, but the guy definitely gives a shit. It manifests in other ways. Even before this year, he has stuck up for his teammates and dropped the gloves. In interviews, he has called himself out for bad play. Playing bad D doesn't necessarily equate to not giving a shit, but coaching and repeatedly drilling defensive responsibility into his head and reminding him of it do help.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Before the season started I thought Chytil would be able to supplant Strome by the end of the season. Man, what a major whiff. I can't see how they don't end up resigning him at this point.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
I think Strome has found his home and has found his game. If he wants to stay and see where this thing goes and he accepts something close to $6m x 5 years...........do we keep him? I say yes and it would likely be the discount needed in order for him to stay.

Salary cap goes up $1.0m next year and another $1.0m the year after. In year 3 there will likely be a $4-5m cap increase by some reports..... Can we navigate our way to year 3 with out f***ing something up?

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
Before the season started I thought Chytil would be able to supplant Strome by the end of the season. Man, what a major whiff. I can't see how they don't end up resigning him at this point.

this is where i was as well. without a trade for a top6 center i don't see how they let him walk, even though i'm not sure signing him is the correct decision.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
This was bordering on a consensus opinion.

From a salary cap perspective, it would have been ideal. Sucks it's not working out that way but I still hope there's a spot for Chytil on this team, even if it's at wing.

this is where i was as well. without a trade for a top6 center i don't see how they let him walk, even though i'm not sure signing him is the correct decision.

They can't let him walk and they can't trade him at the deadline if this team keeps their level of play up. How much of an upgrade are you realistically going to get that's not going to cost them a bunch of prospects or cap space?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad