Player Discussion Ryan Strome

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
RyanStrome sucks so bad, and is about to join the trash heap of other junk we used to have...POS, Brule, O'Marra, Row Bear Nilsson, ...

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
You literally just said you didn't watch the game over in the GDT haha.
I didn't mention anything about this game...HAHA.
but since I didn't read any contribution from him, or you providing any substance that he might've given in this game, I assume he did what he always does, and that is nothing.LOL

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
strome was alright in the detroit game even though i think he mostly sucks.... but, most of the oilers suck so he fits in nicely. Team is seriously bottomed out.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
He, Khaira and Pulju had a pretty good game. They were basically the only forwards that didn't look like corpses.

Played well defensively, made a few plays and scored the team's only goal on the night.

granted...but when the team trades a top 6 forward, and the guy was brought in to make an impact, I expect alot more...ALOT more, than just what you just oulined for me.
Did he tilt the ice, or become dangerous offesively at all? what do I care if he looked good defensively when we lost 3 - 1 to Buffalo?

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me
So we trade two top draft picks in one of the best drafts in decades for an AHL defenseman, Reinhart, that is too slow for the NHL. But for some reason we want to take the 1 in a million chance he will get quicker at the age of 24. Then we trade our best player over the last decade, Eberle, for Ryan Strome who is a third liner at best. That is going to improve the team how? It sure improved the Islanders! Made them playoff contenders.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Eberle is switched to Barzal line and Barzal at 107 point pace since.,, Watching that game yesterday and hearing how the commentators just gushing over his skills had me fuming .

They also mentioned how Eberle was not happy with the fans blaming him for all the teams woes. A lot of the fans in this city have no respect for players even the good ones .

They put unrealistic expectations on them than call into radio crapping on all them . Reason why this team could never get UFA to sign here till McDavid but this will change again with the exit of players here. They were even booing Hall

Reactions: hugeegosorry

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Eberle is switched to Barzal line and Barzal at 107 point pace since.,, Watching that game yesterday and hearing how the commentators just gushing over his skills had me fuming .

They also mentioned how Eberle was not happy with the fans blaming him for all the teams woes. A lot of the fans in this city have no respect for players even the good ones .

They put unrealistic expectations on them than call into radio crapping on all them . Reason why this team could never get UFA to sign here till McDavid but this will change again with the exit of players here. They were even booing Hall

Yeah the fans get labled as hockey savvy but in reality their clueless .

So now its time for Nuge to take his swan dive and hopefully he goes to a team that is in the playoffs, He deserves as much

Reactions: hugeegosorry

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Yeah the fans get labled as hockey savvy but in reality their clueless .

So now its time for Nuge to take his swan dive and hopefully he goes to a team that is in the playoffs, He deserves as much
Yup pretty much how players feel when leaving here after fan abuse is this
h8ecg6q.gif

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

Stromes biggest issue is confidence, Capuano really jerked him around in NY. Ended up playing scared and its really hurt him.

When strome is on his game he's freewheeling and easy. but once Capuano got on him he couldnt get rid of the puck fast enough, he treated it like it was a stick of dynamite....Strome is at his best when he's being creative, he's like Commor in that way.... but when he feels scared he's useless, whats funny is Strome played better after Weight took over, since Weight told his to just play his game.

and Im sure Weight tells eberle the same and he's responding to it

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
He sure did. Led the Isles comeback with a sweet PPG (all his effort) and a beautiful assist on the GTG.

Isles fan . . . I come in peace.

Thrilled with Eberle. For his production, I think 6 million is pretty spot on.

IMO, Eberle has not been soft at all this year. He's actually been surprisingly good below the red line on the for check. His skating hasn't been an issue. Laad (makes Eberle's skating look like McDavid) - Barzal - Eberle have been a very good line. No doubt Eberle needs a C that gains the zone, carries the puck and sets him up. That's why he is a 5-6 million dollar player and not 7-11.

Ah, the old I come in peace post which then goes on about how fantastic Eberle is and how great the trade was for the Islanders. All on the Oiler board after a loss no less.

Thanks for coming out, Mr. Tro...er DipieTro.!

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It's almost like Eberle's ONSH% is extremely high while Strome's is extremely low.

I love how he's graphed it to make it look far worse than it is haha. I wish we had advanced stats types in the Edmonton media that looked at numbers and came to conclusions rather than those who have a conclusion and then try to shoehorn stats to fit it.

Eberle's xGF is 12. Strome's is 10.

Eberle's ixGF is 3.61. Strome's is 2.41.

The differences are staggering. :rolleyes:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So will Islander fans admit he's a decent player? After all they spent like a year plus saying he was a loser too, when Oiler fans try to assert their players have value it's always thrown back in their faces on this board by the "geniuses" on the other team's forum. Don't hear any complaining now.

In any case Pittsburgh and Tampa are just going to slap everyone else in that division around when the game's matter come April.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
And zero chance he would be putting up those numbers here, so it's pointless.

Based on what exactly? With a revitalized Nuge the Oilers might've actually had two (or even three) very productive lines on the team. At the very least it would give the team more options.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Based on what exactly? With a revitalized Nuge the Oilers might've actually had two (or even three) very productive lines on the team. At the very least it would give the team more options.

Possibly but Eberle himself has admitted he was spiraling into a depressive state in Edmonton, there's every reason to believe things very well could've gone worse for him.

The team is playing poorly, I don't think we'd magically have a winning record with a couple extra goals from Eberle over Strome.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
GwG tonight
If you remember I was telling Islander fans during the trade rumors and after the trade they would be very happy with him. And don't listen to the haters his career production shows how they did not have a clue. His PP/60 is probably top 20 since he started his career overall. 2 smart Gm's ripped us off of our top 2 scorers this decade and gave us dimes on the dollar.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Possibly but Eberle himself has admitted he was spiraling into a depressive state in Edmonton, there's every reason to believe things very well could've gone worse for him.

The team is playing poorly, I don't think we'd magically have a winning record with a couple extra goals from Eberle over Strome.

The giant massive rotating black hole at RW probably has alot to do with the Oil's troubles also. Seeing as it has been the hottest topic from day 1, I'd say having Ebs here would be a major plug

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

A lot of fans in Alberta just go with what the mainstream media tells them, which unfortunately means that the word of washouts like Spector or Matheson can become law.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad