Injury Report: Ryan Reaves

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah. Subban is crazy like a fox. He wouldn’t have said or done anything to get a penalty while he was trying to goad the Rangers into taking a penalty.
Think the refs just weren’t falling for it. I mentioned it in the game thread. It was an instance of good officiating.
Not only was it then spiritually correct call, had the refs compounded the dirty play by then giving the Devils a power play, the rest of the match would have been mayhem.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
skull fracture from getting hit from a McDonagh shot in the EC semi finals?

anyways anyone remember McDonagh scoring a goal against the Caps (I think), maybe even a game winner or late 3rd period goal, but collapsing because the shot was awkward and twisted his knee?
And everyone was like "oh god no we're so f***ed season's over" as he was helped off the ice
Then i dont' think he missed a game and was like "oh yeah that happens sometimes but it's OK now"

Holy damn WTF the rangers down playing that for:shakehead:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Funny little story I heard today.

A friend of mine that I haven’t seen in a while works for NHL network.

He was on the set when they hired Gallant and they had Reaves on to comment (this was before he was traded to the Rangers).

Off-air Reaves said the moment he knew Gallant was a great coach was when he accidentally picked up his “water bottle” on the bench, took a sip and it was ice cold vodka.
My man pots and pans. At least we know why he relaxed with the press....
That’s some old school slap shot shit

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
If this guy isn't beating up Wilson in the most anticipated season opener in years, why is he on this team? He must have been told not to do it.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't know if this was previously addressed but did any of you have a problem of how friendly he was to Ovie ?
No. The optics of it were kinda hilarious though. Rangers go out and get the toughest guy imaginable, who said in that situation he would fight Wilson three times. Rangers dress their toughest lineup, and as far as I can tell, the only time Reaves looked at a Capital was to ask if he had a nice summer.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I don't know if this was previously addressed but did any of you have a problem of how friendly he was to Ovie ?
I saw Tocchet say he didn’t like that and also wish he took a run at Wilson, he was the runner up for the coaching job here. I agree with him because of the fact he didn’t take a run at Wilson or fight him. If he did I wouldn’t care about him talking to Ovi like that but it does rub me the wrong way when you factor that in with the fact he didn’t do anything substantially aggressive in the game

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I saw Tocchet say he didn’t like that and also wish he took a run at Wilson, he was the runner up for the coaching job here. I agree with him because of the fact he didn’t take a run at Wilson or fight him. If he did I wouldn’t care about him talking to Ovi like that but it does rub me the wrong way when you factor that in with the fact he didn’t do anything substantially aggressive in the game

The Caps didn't do "anything substantially aggressive" in the game. So why would we? I actually think that was the best outcome.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If this guy isn't beating up Wilson in the most anticipated season opener in years, why is he on this team? He must have been told not to do it.
Wilson was basically a finesse player in that game. Wilson knew if he tried any of his usual cheap play he and other Caps were going to get their butts handed to them.

Reactions: egelband

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Reeves knew it was a hot mic. Ovie trying to make friends with the big guy. Reeves was not going to say something stupid that could be used against him if something happened in the game. Reeves knew he was there for Wilson not Ovie.

Reactions: egelband

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No. The optics of it were kinda hilarious though. Rangers go out and get the toughest guy imaginable, who said in that situation he would fight Wilson three times. Rangers dress their toughest lineup, and as far as I can tell, the only time Reaves looked at a Capital was to ask if he had a nice summer.
I think Reeves had a game high 5 hits in 11 minutes and was not on the ice for a goal against. Nothing wrong with that. His job is to be a role playing tone setter and policemen not a goon. Despite the horrible loss it was clear that the Rangers were not physically afraid as a team.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
If anyone thinks the conversation between Reaves and Ovechkin would stop Reaves from taking a run at Ovie if things got out of hand, have never watched Reaves play.

It's normal for guys/opponents to laugh and joke with one another, after all is said and done, it's just a game. Not everyone has pure hatred for each other, although that does add intrigue.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Anyone know if his lower body injury is related to that one in the preseason? Do you think he just played injured at the start?
This was my suspicion too. Think he has been hobbled but wanted to start off his season on the right foot, so to speak :)
Hopefully this rest ‘knocks it on the head’ and he’s good to go in a few days.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Wish we had actual reporters who would hold Gallant's feet to the fire as to why Reaves has played every game.

He's not even throwing the body, at all. 100% inexcusable.

You can't tell me that someone like...Tyler Motte...wouldn't make this team just a little bit better.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Wish we had actual reporters who would hold Gallant's feet to the fire as to why Reaves has played every game.

He's not even throwing the body, at all. 100% inexcusable.

You can't tell me that someone like...Tyler Motte...wouldn't make this team just a little bit better.

Dryden Hunt would make the team better. But we had to waive him, because we don't have enough cap space to carry extra players.. because Reaves makes 1.75M which seems like an albatross for what we get.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Reaves absolutely needs to sit. It’s a bit wild to see he has played every game so far. Though I suppose injuries are playing into it too.

The sharks game and the Anaheim games would have been the spots to sit him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad