Confirmed with Link: Ryan Reaves to NYR for a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Or, another possibility (perhaps for the sequel?):

The two behemoths stare down one another.

Wilson smiles.

Reaves goes after him.

Wilson take the ass kicking and gives two shits about it.

Reaves goes to the penalty box.

Caps score on the powerplay.

Chants of "We love 2003" go up around the arena.

Rangers lose 3-2.

Jack Eichel watches from press box, but can't hang his head in shame....because he's wearing a neck brace.
Man why so cynical?

Reactions: leetch99

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
If Reaves plays all 82 games thats a problem. But he will not be doing that.

I see him playing 40-50 games. I can live with that if he helps this team take the next step by letting the talent feel like there will at least be a strong answer should anyone run them on the ice

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
The Rangers have enough talent to be a playoff team, but they are a soft team. Reaves and the other tough guys will start the year getting more minutes but as the year goes on I'm expecting guys like Barron to get a shot. Then come playoffs the Rangers have insurance if needed. Don't see the need to get worked up about overdoing it. We still have Panarin, Zib, Strome, Fox, Kreider plus Laf, Kakko, Chytil, Krav, Miller who can all make big leaps.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Tom Wilson better be put in a body cast on opening night, otherwise it ain't worth it (it still won't be worth it).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wilson take the ass kicking and gives two shits about it.
That's fair, but here's the thing: I don't want this to "work."

I don't believe in deterrence or protection.

I just wanna see it.

I watched one of our players take a tombstone piledriver last year.

I want carnal revenge that serves no purpose but my own sick enjoyment.

As for the other 78 games or whatever, Reaves is a nothing NHL 4th liner which is a win as far as 4th liners are concerned.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Gorton would have done the same thing except it would be Deslauriers or Macdermid.

You don't have to like the moves but the absolute revisionist history that Gorton didn't get thugs every summer is wild to me.

The only difference is that Drury is getting NHL players.

There's a reason Vegas let him go, he isnt good. He can fight, but we already got Tinordi for that didn't we? People either never watched him last year or are blocking out how bad he was in the playoffs in the few mins he played. At 34 he's closer to Brashear when we got him than anything else.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's a reason Vegas let him go, he isnt good. He can fight, but we already got Tinordi for that didn't we? People either never watched him last year or are blocking out how bad he was in the playoffs in the few mins he played. At 34 he's closer to Brashear when we got him than anything else.
He's 1:1 replacing the worst forward in the NHL.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Not cynical at all. That's a very plausible scenario when discussing those two players.

What incentive does Wilson have to do anything to Reeves?
If Reaves does to Wilson what he's done to Wilson in the past, it's a win.

You dont 'skirt around' and 'hope' Wilson doesn't attack you like a rabid dog. You punch the bully in the fukin mouth and set him on his ass.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That's fair, but here's the thing: I don't want this to "work."

I don't believe in deterrence or protection.

I just wanna see it.

I watched one of our players take a tombstone piledriver last year.

I want carnal revenge that serves no purpose but my own sick enjoyment.

As for the other 78 games or whatever, Reaves is a nothing NHL 4th liner which is a win as far as 4th liners are concerned.

I think it'll be great when it happens once. It'll be 30 seconds of bliss. And the remaining 700.5 minutes will be...interesting.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Reaves will play more than Tinordi

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
If Reaves does to Wilson what he's done to Wilson in the past, it's a win.

You dont 'skirt around' and 'hope' Wilson doesn't attack you like a rabid dog. You punch the bully in the fukin mouth and set him on his ass.

Has that stopped Wilson in the past?

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Blais and Goodrow are likely not viewed as fourth line players for this team.

Which forward is getting traded to make room for Bobby Blais on the 3rd line?

As it stands now, someone like Morgan Barron or Kreider, or Kravstov would have to be relegated to 4th line duty in order for there to be room for Blais on the 3rd line, right?

I don't see how this works unless the Rangers are planning on parting ways with one of those younger players.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Plus... we're now among the league leaders in Ryans

Reactions: Lua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad