Player Discussion: Ryan Pulock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Not sure I follow exactly, is that a proposal from an Avs fan? Or an Isles fan?

Need a little more background.
It was from 2017 trade deadline, people were offering Barzal++ for Duschene (not me, my conscience is clean).

Now I somehow remember that I played Avalanche in EA NHL 98 or 99. It was my most favorite game after Resident Evil.

Probably this is the reason I like the Avs to succeed, subconsciously.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
In the future, when good teams have three guys making around ten million, the play of guys making three or four million will determine the success of the team. As someone said, there's not going to be much middle class soon. I think if you're really confident in a young players skills you need to extend him for more than two years.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I’m hoping for something like 8 years, 4.15M per
That's a tough call for him, 4 won't be much of a salary in 4 years. Yet hard to turn down 33 million. Risky for the team too on a guy with little playing time.

I'm guessing 5/25

Our serious lack of defense gives him a lot of leverage

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Staple said he expects a 2 year bridge deal once we get closer to training camp and our cap situation is more clear

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Staple said he expects a 2 year bridge deal once we get closer to training camp and our cap situation is more clear
We need to get to the floor, might as well get him on an 8 year contract now because he's going to get better and demand much more money in two years when we need to start worrying about Barzal, Beauvillier, etc.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
So he's probably definitely going bridge contract, right? Would like to lock him up long term, but he has been nicked up a bit. Going with a 2-year bridge is probably the best course of action with him. $2M-$2.5M AAV? $2M and $3M so his next contract essentially starts at $3M as a starting point.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
We need to get to the floor, might as well get him on an 8 year contract now because he's going to get better and demand much more money in two years when we need to start worrying about Barzal, Beauvillier, etc.
I agree. I don’t know if he’s going to want to bet on himself though.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
So he's probably definitely going bridge contract, right? Would like to lock him up long term, but he has been nicked up a bit. Going with a 2-year bridge is probably the best course of action with him. $2M-$2.5M AAV? $2M and $3M so his next contract essentially starts at $3M as a starting point.

4 years, 3.33M per. NYI has 20M+ coming off the books that offseason. Pulock can receive a healthy raise if his play warrants it.

If they’re that confident in him, go 7/8 years, 4.5M per.

A two year deal leaves them with having to sign both Barzal and Pulock in the same summer, something I personally wouldn’t be interested in doing.

Reactions: Quickdraw2828

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Perhaps something similar to the Hamonic contract, believe his cap hit was 3.3 AAV and it was a long term deal, maybe 8 years? I cant remember. Either way, he seems to be emerging as a top pair guy. Let's hope that happens.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Definitely got to sign Ryan. He is a big player in the Isles plans. I expect him to take a step fwd this season. He is trending the right way. Always liked him. Hope he is working with a power skating coach every summer. He's got all the other tools.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Definitely got to sign Ryan. He is a big player in the Isles plans. I expect him to take a step fwd this season. He is trending the right way. Always liked him. Hope he is working with a power skating coach every summer. He's got all the other tools.
TWS, thank you for your posts; your insight and support is appreciated. I guess I could search through your posts, but which team is your favorite? I recall seeing you on another team's board, but I can't remember which. Edmonton? Anyway, we are better board with input from dispassionate, knowledgeable hockey fans such as you and SIDNEY the KIDNEY.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
TWS, thank you for your posts; your insight and support is appreciated. I guess I could search through your posts, but which team is your favorite? I recall seeing you on another team's board, but I can't remember which. Edmonton? Anyway, we are better board with input from dispassionate, knowledgeable hockey fans such as you and SIDNEY the KIDNEY.
I was a pulock fan since Brandon. Just thought he needed to get quicker skating. Mccrimmon can spot talent. Like that angle. He looked he turned a corner last year. Post on mainboard and here for now only. All have welcomed me! Great fans and we share one thing in common here. Big Barzal boosters.

Reactions: frankieboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad