Confirmed with Link: Ryan Poehling resigned 2 years 1.9 million AAV

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meh.

This means they now have 5 guys playing at 4th line levels signed for multiple years. The Flyers really need Deslauriers to be buried/bought out and for Cates and Laughton to bounce back.

Cates
Deslauriers
Hathaway
Laughton
Poehling
Not all of those guys are going to be here.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Meh.

This means they now have 5 guys playing at 4th line levels signed for multiple years. The Flyers really need Deslauriers to be buried/bought out and for Cates and Laughton to bounce back.

Cates
Deslauriers
Hathaway
Laughton
Poehling
I'd be surprised if he doesn't trade Hathaway at the TDL, if not Laughton too. Laughts and Walker would be a great add for a contender in need of depth. And we could eat a contract back too.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Meh.

Cates
Deslauriers
Hathaway
Laughton
Poehling
I like Poehling, and think he can be a good 4th liner. But I agree - that's way too many 'vets' for the 4th line.

They need to move Laughton now.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Meh.

Cates
Deslauriers
Hathaway
Laughton
Poehling
Laughton on the way out at TDL is my wager. Maybe des too.

I don’t have a problem with this signing though

Lol gotta bury the lead of the week with these signings.
lol this train of thought continues to make me laugh. You think Briere gets a handjob from the league for making these deals? Really? Btw it’s lede

Reactions: flyersjim73

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
This bothers me more than Tippet to be honest. I mean the idea that a rebuilding team is locking up its 4th line for multiple years is just hilariously ridiculous.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Flyers making sure they get the core locked up today:

1706306048001.png

Seeler contract next

hockeynormy

Oct 21, 2023
I'm good with this.

Now try to trade Laughton, Seeler, Walker, Atkinson, Hathaway, ND, Risto and Staal.
i'm with ya but I can see them keeping Seeler and Hathaway - and being stuck with ND, Risto and Staal. Walker is the only one that should be a guaranteed trade. I'd like to see Laughton, Atkinson and maybe even TK moved but I'm not hopeful.

Reactions: pooch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad