Jan 1, 2014
It would take big brass ones to go

Suzuki
KK
Poehling
Evans

Down the middle

I'd rather have:

Caufield (1.18M) - Suzuki (1.45M) - Anderson (5.5M)
Saad (4.75M) - Dubois (5M) - Tofolli (4.25M)
Schwartz (4.25M) - Poehling (1.5M) - Gallagher (6.5M)
Lehkonen (2.75M) - Evans (.7M) - Ylonen (.88M)

Trading KK, our 1st round pick, Drouin + for Dubois soldes the need for Danault. as top-6 Cs, Suzuki and Dubois can share the shutdown duites and Poehling and Evans can also both contribute.

Would love to add Saad and Schwartz as UFAs.

I'd keep Lehkonen but, et Armia go.

Forward group = 38.71M

Edmundson (3.5M) - Petry (6.25M)
Martinez (4M) - Weber (7.857M)
Romanov (1.178M) - Fleury (1.5M)

Back end = 24.285M

Price (10.5M)
Allen (2.85M)
Primeau (.88M)

Gs = 13.35M

Total for 20 players: 76.345M

5.155M for short term injuries and missing players for a 23-man roster.

Reactions: themilosh

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I'd rather have:

Trading KK, our 1st round pick, Drouin + for Dubois soldes the need for Danault. as top-6 Cs, Suzuki and Dubois can share the shutdown duites and Poehling and Evans can also both contribute.

Forward group = 38.71M

Back end = 24.285M

Price (10.5M)
Allen (2.85M)
Primeau (.88M)

Gs = 13.35M

LOL!!!! That's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much for Dubois.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Next season will be his draft+5 years.
He's developed enough to be in the nhl.

If we have a lineup spot available and he has a good preseason, he should definitely make the team.

He's only played 64 AHL games.

Last time he tried to play center at the NHL level, it was an abomination defensively.

If he's still not ready to play center, and only ready as a bottom six winger, I'd rather him get a full season of development in the AHL at C. As said above, he's only gotten 64 AHL games of development, not even a full season.

People who think he'll for sure be able to replace Danault are out to lunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Benstheman and 1909

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He's only played 64 AHL games.

Last time he tried to play center at the NHL level, it was an abomination defensively.

If he's still not ready to play center, and only ready as a bottom six winger, I'd rather him get a full season of development in the AHL at C. As said above, he's only gotten 64 AHL games of development, not even a full season.

People who think he'll for sure be able to replace Danault are out to lunch.

If we're lucky, Poehling will be able to replace Danault in two or three years.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Is Poehling waiver-eligible next season? If he isn't, I would say shared duties NHL/AHL for one more season (hopefully starting in AHL unless he forces management in training camp). Expect him not to make it out of camp in order to be pleasantly surprised if he does.

If he is waiver-eligible, then of course NHL. I would start him on the wing for now. Unless Habs aren't able to re-sign Danault of course (but I think they will and should).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is Poehling waiver-eligible next season? If he isn't, I would say shared duties NHL/AHL for one more season (hopefully starting in AHL unless he forces management in training camp). Expect him not to make it out of camp in order to be pleasantly surprised if he does.

If he is waiver-eligible, then of course NHL. I would start him on the wing for now. Unless Habs aren't able to re-sign Danault of course (but I think they will and should).

This up coming season is his last year of being exempt.

So if he needs development time the following season, we're shit out of luck and he'll be sitting in the press box for long stretches or playing 8 min. a night on the 4th line as a winger.

That's why I say, give him all of next year to perfect the 200 foot pro center position. I.e. give him every opportunity to become a good NHL center. It's very hard to find centers. If he can't do it, he can't do it. Then you see if he can play wing. But give him every opportunity to become a good center.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Based on how good Poehling played in Laval this past season where his skating is even better now I have all of the confidence he is a regular in the top 9 next season.

Just wait...

If Danault walks, unless there is a signing to fill the gap, Poehling will make the team.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Danault walks, unless there is a signing to fill the gap, Poehling will make the team.

imo, if he's ready to play C, he's ready. If he's not, he's not.

I'm pretty sure MB will sign a vet 4c (or two) in case he's not.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It would take big brass ones to go

Suzuki
KK
Poehling
Evans

Down the middle

Poehling starts off on 4th line, and Dom really trusts Evans. When the Lehkonen -- Evans -- Byron line was going strong that's the line that faced McDavid because of their speed, while Draisaitl faced Danault when in Montreal late in season.

It could very well be we go Suzuki, KK, Evans & Poehling. Very young center line for sure.

Reactions: Naslund

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I'd rather have:

Forward group = 38.71M

Back end = 24.285M

Price (10.5M)
Allen (2.85M)
Primeau (.88M)

Gs = 13.35M

Dubois is trash. Never wanted him. He was awful all year including the playoffs

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Based on how good Poehling played in Laval this past season where his skating is even better now I have all of the confidence he is a regular in the top 9 next season.

Just wait...

It's very possible. Not too sure right if he can do it that fast but yeah possible. Kid could be a damn fine player. One of the better seasons by a legit forward prospect on the farm in the last little while for sure.

It would be nice to give him another even 20 or so games to just kind of round out his game a bit possibly. Wouldn't mind getting a dirt cheap 4th line C who can be a 13th forward on some nights just for that little bit of insurance. But I think he's close enough to being ready that it's not a deal breaker if it doesn't happen.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
The only problem I have with the Center line if Suzuki, KK, Evans, and Poehling is we don’t know if KK will take the next step to being a legit number 2 Center. If he can’t do that then we are stuck with 3 bottom 6 centres(if that) and that’s a recipe for disaster

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The only problem I have with the Center line if Suzuki, KK, Evans, and Poehling is we don’t know if KK will take the next step to being a legit number 2 Center. If he can’t do that then we are stuck with 3 bottom 6 centres(if that) and that’s a recipe for disaster

if that's the case then maybe the Habs will need to take a step back next season, hopefully get a great draft pick and re-tool for the next year when we should see more of the D prospects get closer to the NHL or at least having a better idea of where we stand with them.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
At one point KK has to step up and that point is now. The Habs let Danault walk to allow KK more playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad