Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
IMO, overreacting won’t achieve anything ...Poehling’s simply a 20-year old, not everyone develops maturity at the same rate.

Let’s see what he does from now till camp opens for next season...that’s some 3.5 months

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
IMO, overreacting won’t achieve anything ...Poehling’s simply a 20-year old, not everyone develops maturity at the same rate.

Let’s see what he does from now till camp opens for next season...that’s some 3.5 months

I hope all these rumours aren't true. I was pretty excited about the hat trick but the other half of me thought 'man i hope that doesn't come back to bit him'. Hopefully Bouchard can get through to him.

Would not be opposed to trading him. I don't know if one poor pro season could hurt his value so much where it would be selling low. Would hate to have him suck again then we're screwed.

I'll say I won't even be surprised if he's traded this offseason. Package him with Domi and maybe get a great piece in return.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I hope all these rumours aren't true. I was pretty excited about the hat trick but the other half of me thought 'man i hope that doesn't come back to bit him'. Hopefully Bouchard can get through to him.

Would not be opposed to trading him. I don't know if one poor pro season could hurt his value so much where it would be selling low. Would hate to have him suck again then we're screwed.

I'll say I won't even be surprised if he's traded this offseason. Package him with Domi and maybe get a great piece in return.
The only way it’s hurt any of his value IMHO, is if there was too much weight put into that 1-meaningless game vs Leafs and the WJC tourney where he racked up goals in the opening round.

Poehling was projected to have a ceiling of an elite bottom 2-C with size & speed at the draft, I don’t see anything that’s downgraded that draft year projection.

Jul 6, 2016
The only way it’s hurt any of his value IMHO, is if there was too much weight put into that 1-meaningless game vs Leafs and the WJC tourney where he racked up goals in the opening round.

Poehling was projected to have a ceiling of an elite bottom 2-C with size & speed at the draft, I don’t see anything that’s downgraded that draft year projection.

With the Habs, he should expect to play bottom-six, center or LW.

Reactions: azcanuck

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Yeah, I know what both you and MB are saying. MB saying he expects RP to come to camp ready, have a good camp, and earn a spot is a vote of confidence for RP. It's saying get to work on your preparation and you'll get your spot if you do the proper preparation.

I just don't want another Mete situation where he spends too much time in the NHL early and loses his eligibility to go to Laval for needed development time.

Poehling needs to be focused on developing his skill set and overall skill set and not on getting the immediate ego rush from being in the limelight short term.
It was a bad situation for him and the club. Him scoring three goals in a nothing game was probably the worst thing that happened to him. All summer he probably was very cocky and thought he could score 100 goals . He was promised first call up which was another huge blunder by MB. Why the hell would he cave in to a kids feelings? Go earn your spot dude.
Anyway lots of humble pie served which is never a bad thing. We need big wingers who can skate like Poehling can. He's going to be a decent player in this league, at least that's my guess.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I never really understood the hype around Poehling. That being said, I recall a shift where he was out there with Suzuki and KK for whatever reason earlier this year. The 3 absolutely dominated and spent over 2 minutes in the opponent's end while generating a bunch of quality chances.

Poehling will not be a center in Montreal but he should absolutely be given a shot on Suzuki and KK flank. We're in need of a big, fast and decently skilled winger. For all we know, Poehling may be able to fill that role. We should try it before making a move for someone like Anderson.

I've heard he has attitude issues but I'm sure he'd be pretty thrilled at the opportunity to play with those 2.
Dave I like your post but he shouldnt be given anything. He needs to earn everything he's given.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This. he needs to show he's at least a good AHL-er before getting any look at the NHL level. As it stands, guys like Belzile, Vejdemo are currently better players than him right now.

I just want him to improve his puck skills and get experience in playing in all situations at the pro level. If he can get the puck skills, he'll be fine in the top 9. I would guess at the wing. But we'll see.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Bergevin:Conférencedepresse(20/08/22)-Poehling
«La raison qu'il n'a pas joué ça revient à la décision des instructeurs... C'est encore un très jeune joueur de hockey qui a beaucoup de potentiel et qui a un très bel avenir avec le Canadien de Montréal. Les choses changent très vite... Comme vous voyez bien, KK était envoyé à la Ligue Américaine en février et aujourd'hui on voit un joueur complétement différent. Alors, c'est certain qu'on n'a pas lancé la serviette sur Ryan Poehling. On croit encore en lui... Je ne sais pas quand le hockey va recommencer mais on s'attend à un très bon camp d'entrainement de lui puis qu'il se fasse une position avec l'équipe à Montréal.»

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Apparently has removed Montreal mentions from his social media pages.

He still has his draft picture with the Habs jersey as his banner on Twitter.

I don't know about the rest. He may have removed them. But I don't recall if he had those mentions before.

Same for Domi. I don't recall.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also keep in mind, Gaudreau had removed all Calgary Flames mentions on his social media last off-season, sparking trade rumors. We know he wasn't traded. Those mentions are there now.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Post #731 & #733: Poehling's Offseason (Pics)

Post #740: 20/05/19 - Huskies Hockey Happy Hour Ep. 7 feat Poehling

Post #803 & #804: Press Conference Video (Phase 3) + Quotes

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Apparently has removed Montreal mentions from his social media pages.

I don't know about the rest. He may have removed them. But I don't recall if he had those mentions before.

holy eff!!! My prophecy is coming true!!! especially if they're getting packaged together.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
I never really understood the hype around Poehling. That being said, I recall a shift where he was out there with Suzuki and KK for whatever reason earlier this year. The 3 absolutely dominated and spent over 2 minutes in the opponent's end while generating a bunch of quality chances.

Poehling will not be a center in Montreal but he should absolutely be given a shot on Suzuki and KK flank. We're in need of a big, fast and decently skilled winger. For all we know, Poehling may be able to fill that role. We should try it before making a move for someone like Anderson.

I've heard he has attitude issues but I'm sure he'd be pretty thrilled at the opportunity to play with those 2.
You heard about the attitude issues here in this forum. But you should be mindful that character assassination is a daily activity for some posters here.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You heard about the attitude issues here in this forum. But you should be mindful that character assassination is a daily activity for some posters here.

Oh stop it.

Character assassination would make sense if people were saying anything unsubstantiated.

Not including things that we cant talk about on the forum. Everything has been substantiated by the player, coaching or management staff outside of the video games rumor.

Reactions: Runner77

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

This, I havent seen anyone post what Domi and Poehling bios were before the change, so I wont believe what one random guy on the internet said on twitter.

Even if its true, it means nothing. People trying to make something out of nothing.
Likely the same people that came to the conclusion that Kotkaniemi wanted out because of his comments after his 1st ahl game.

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad