Prospect Info: Ryan Poehling (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Domi, Poehling, and a 1st for Goudreau doesn't sound like a Bergevin trade.

Our cupboards are a lot fuller and I think we have more tradeable assets than we've had in a long time.

MB's yet to have the amount of assets we have now so these trades are a lot more likely. Especially with 14 or whatever picks in this next draft.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Oh stop it.

Character assassination would make sense if people were saying anything unsubstantiated.

Not including things that we cant talk about on the forum. Everything has been substantiated by the player, coaching or management staff outside of the video games rumor.
In the last 24 hours in this thread alone, here are some of the gems lobbed at Poehling:
  • hasn't taken his career seriously
  • attitude issues
  • pouting
  • looks fat, double chin
  • f***ing bum
  • lazy
  • high character individual [sarcastic]
So all of this is substantiated by the player, coaching or management staff? Did Poehling come out and admit that he hasn't taken his career seriously? Did I miss the part in Bergevin's presser where he talked about Poehling's attitude and character issues? Maybe the training staff called him a fat lazy bum but I just can't find that quote anywhere?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Seem like nothing but at the same time it is clearly something... getting any negative attention in Mtl is not something the organisation take likely...
We needed size on the wing, he seem to be shooting him self in the foot, he could have had a great shot at playing next year...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Am I dreaming or I read hockey related discussion involving social media presence as something pertinent here? Some people need to rest.

Opening topic on AC. Social media presence and what Domi removed from his Instagram account.

They showed a pic of the before and after Domi page: he not only deleted "MTL" but also "Montreal Canadiens #13."

They couldn't pin point to when exactly the removals took place.

FWIW.

vI0k0pq.jpg

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
@WeThreeKings

Here's the exact quote.

“Honestly these last 100 days I didn't really prepare, it was just more the correction of what happened and what I can do differently. I've been working since July for this year. So I think for me I just kinda took some time off and getting my head straight.”

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In the last 24 hours in this thread alone, here are some of the gems lobbed at Poehling:
  • attitude issues
  • pouting
  • looks fat, double chin
  • f***ing bum
  • lazy
So all of this is substantiated by the player, coaching or management staff? Did Poehling come out and admit that he hasn't taken his career seriously? Did I miss the part in Bergevin's presser where he talked about Poehling's attitude and character issues? Maybe the training staff called him a fat lazy bum but I just can't find that quote anywhere?

They did admit that he pouted and had a negative attitude when he didnt make the team out of camp when he was sent down.

He did admit to not working out for the entire pause from covid to the bubble.

And that doesnt encompass the things that we arent allowed to talk about.

Obviously you are taking too much offense to how people phrase things on a hockey board where most posts are sensationalized or hyperbolic.

I don't know about you but complaining and pouting as a first year player because you didn't make the NHL (and did nothing to show you should be there and did nothing subsequently to show you did deserve to be there) isnt being humble, it is pouting and it is an attitude issue.

I dont know about you but after a first pro season where I had one of the worst first years of any Habs first rounder.. not working out isn't exactly the sign of being motivated. Sounds pretty lazy to me and would absolutely lead to him not looking as fit as a pro should be (and for mrb1p who literally body builds and is hyperbolic would make the double chin comment).

You took offense to the phrasing but the underlying reason for those statements have all been corroborated.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
  • attitude issues
  • pouting
  • looks fat, double chin
  • f***ing bum
  • lazy

That's right I said it.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Opening topic on AC. Social media presence and what Domi removed from his Instagram account.

They showed a pic of the before and after Domi page: he not only deleted "MTL" but also "Montreal Canadiens #13."

They couldn't pin point to when exactly the removals took place.

FWIW.

vI0k0pq.jpg
I don't see the removal, this pic shows he's a Montreal Canadien #13.
You are saying it's fake news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad