Speculation: Ryan O'Reilly : The Return [no, not that kind of return :(]; Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Enough on mister O'Reilly.

Friedman was saying the offer was MDZ + Stepan for ROR and depth defender. Now he thinks he might be wrong on the Stepan part because dater is saying the avs aren't looking for a centre. If following the avs has taught us anything is DO NOT trust dater. I think Friedman is right and the avs are looking for MDZ + Stepan. Which would be a great great deal for the avs.

No idea why NYR would do that deal. Stepan is going to be a very solid #2C, probably nearly as good as ROR. Then add MDZ into the deal and you have a big advantage to the Avs. If the Avs didn't take that deal they are stupid.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
No idea why NYR would do that deal. Stepan is going to be a very solid #2C, probably nearly as good as ROR. Then add MDZ into the deal and you have a big advantage to the Avs. If the Avs didn't take that deal they are stupid.

Yeah its probably the best so called offer I have seen mentioned and we get rid of a depth defender(please be Hunwick)!

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I haven't been that impressed with Stepan this season. I know some of the team has struggled but he's definetely been one guy. He's a bit inconsistent in general and I don't think he's been any better now than his rookie season. Not saying that I hate MDZ+Stepan and in terms of value, we might even need to add a bit but they do both have their shortcomings.

Also, why would you wanna move Hunwick? He's awesome. No I'll say he's our 2nd best dman. If we are gonna move him then need a 2nd pick back minimum (1st but he's an FA).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

It sure looks good to me but I trust Shermy to get the best possible deal. Maybe we can get that Carlson Kuznetsov or burmi and trouba package. :D

Wait did someone really call hunwick our 2nd best defender? Hahahaha

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It sure looks good to me but I trust Shermy to get the best possible deal. Maybe we can get that Carlson Kuznetsov or burmi and trouba package. :D

Me too, obviously... It would be tough for me to turn down a MDZ + Stepan deal for almost any reasonable deal that could be offered. It would give this team a #2C pretty much right away so Stastny could be traded (if he is going to demand too much) or the team could run 3 scoring lines again. Then it gives a #3/4 PMD with top pairing potential (at least in my mind) for ROR + a scrap. That would be highway robbery by the Avs.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I can't imagine Rangers trading Stepan. They'd be much more likely to give up Miller, who won't be an impact player now. They're trying to win a cup.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

If you say it enough times, the rest of the board will believe it. He'll be our own version of an Ottawa Senators prospect on the trade board. You just have to belieeeeeeeeeeeve.

Atm, I feel a bit safer relying on Barrie/Elliott and Johnson for puck mobility and would be fine getting back a reliable dman like Bogosian. I know MDZ would bring the offense but I don't know how he'd look defensively on a team without a system.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Nearing 40 pages on thread, what should be the name of thread #6??

The O'Reilly Saga: The Character Needed to Make a Deal

The O'Reilly Saga: The Character of Being a Talent

on a poor taste note: ROR works if you are dyslexic or not....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino