Player Discussion Ryan O'Reilly - all purpose discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Konecny+Sanheim would fill this team’s two biggest holes in one swoop. Get it done!

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I’m thinking the Blues and Habs being out on RoR either means he’s staying, or a trade has already happened with a 3rd team.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
If ROR stays the focus should switch to moving him to Eichels wing (which would be great) and looking to trade Reinhart for a legit 2nd line center.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Maybe he can "play wing" but he's still taking the 1700+ face-offs that he has the past three seasons. What happens after the draw can be up for debate.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
If the Isles want to tank for Hughes, nows the time to trade for their future.

ROR

for
B. Nelson
K. Bellows
2019 2nd rounder.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
That would be really stupid

Stupid is everything that got us to being the first team in the league to finish 31st. A lot of those mistakes being over whelming favored by the fanbase. I understand that reversing and fixing all of those bad decisions is difficult and awkward for a lot of people, but fixing mistakes is never stupid.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I think the Tavares signing has to give management second thoughts concerning the trade of ROR....if they have those thoughts to begin with.
I don't believe the Tavares signing has anything to do with it. I think if the offer wasn't right for Botterill, ROR isn't moving. Botterill is playing the long game here, not the short term one. That should be abundantly obvious with the injection of youth coming in to the organization, giving them the chance to compete against one another for spots. Buffalo's going young, and it shows.

Reactions: Onry and Dingo44

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I wonder if a team who missed on JT, or the team that lost him (NYI) possibly get desperate and pony up for ROR?

I could see the NYI wanting him to shelter Barzal for a bit.

Or San Jose, since they were all in on JT and Thornton is on his last legs.
They also have an aging core...

Maybe Philly, since they missed on Bozak.

But I am totally happy just to keep ROR, too.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
If ROR remains here when the season begins, which I’m hopeful will be the case, I hope the organization can put to bed some of the trade rumors surrounding him and the team.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I hope this ends all the O’Reilly vs Eichel stuff.

Although, I bet it will just shift to the captain debate.

:help:
No one of the young players has earned the "C" so far.
Lets see how this season develops.
Maybe Dahlin is the better choice going forward anyways.

Reactions: haseoke39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad