Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Just went on the main boards to see this Nuge / Ebs thread. Had to post a couple of things cause there doesn't seem like there are very reasonable arguments by a few posters.

I don't know how some of you get into it on there and leave mentally fit.

Kudos.

One would think that the sane opinion on a thread on RNH and Eberle's success would be a simple congratulations of a bright spot on a bad club. But no, some people just can't resist the urge to drag every possible anti-Oiler sentiment out there and try to tie it in somehow.

That thread is a mess.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
One would think that the sane opinion on a thread on RNH and Eberle's success would be a simple congratulations of a bright spot on a bad club. But no, some people just can't resist the urge to drag every possible anti-Oiler sentiment out there and try to tie it in somehow.

That thread is a mess.

In the last 30 days, Eberle and RNH are tied for the league lead in points.

Its very hard not to acknowledge something positive from that.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Guy, guys, guys, he's watched every Panther game, and every Oiler game! I think he knows a little something about hockey, if there was ever a concern.

*dies of sarcasm*

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
What a ****ing Pejorative Slur, holy ****. You can't even have a normal conversation because some asshat and his unfounded opinion/bias/blind hatred comes in and starts ranting on why nothing the Oilers do should be taken seriously. I got out of it as soon as I saw the geniuses I was dealing with.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Guy, guys, guys, he's watched every Panther game, and every Oiler game! I think he knows a little something about hockey, if there was ever a concern.

*dies of sarcasm*

Funny how he said he's also an oilers fan. Haven't seen him post on the oil board once. The moment he said all of the panthers C were better defensively than RNH was the moment I laughed my butt off. I approve of your 6 rings reference though. :laugh:

Yeah you guys are better people than I am. It's sad how little credit anyone gives this team.

The mainboards just want to see the oilers and their players fail. As soon as one of them struggles, they'll proceed to make a thread to bash the hell out of them. It happened to Yakupov. The same bashers on him have disappeared, since he's been playing well. One of them had the nerve to compare him to Galchenyuk STILL along with saying the exact crap vendetta saying with the "he's playing well, when nothing matters" hur durr, when I messaged and asked him where did he go, since he always kept bashing Yakupov in an old thread. Funny how its not considered fair that ebs and rnh are tearing it up due to not "playing for anything", but the likes of kessel aren't. Its a load of crap, if you ask me. RNH is a stud.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
What a ****ing Pejorative Slur, holy ****. You can't even have a normal conversation because some asshat and his unfounded opinion/bias/blind hatred comes in and starts ranting on why nothing the Oilers do should be taken seriously. I got out of it as soon as I saw the geniuses I was dealing with.

I've got the perfect solution for you.

Go outside, walk down the back alley until you find a building with a brick wall. Stop at said wall and start talking to it.

It's great practice. I've tried it myself.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I've got the perfect solution for you.

Go outside, walk down the back alley until you find a building with a brick wall. Stop at said wall and start talking to it.

It's great practice. I've tried it myself.

He's moved on to the fresh, brave new world of 'Hall was left off team Canada so he's not that good' argument. That's the Stairway to Heaven of Hall bashers, kid! Get original!

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
You just can't argue with that kind of person. Ignores anything that disproves his flawed position, and deflects, deflects, deflects.

I also keep seeing people bust out the ever popular "We've been hearing this for 2/5/8 years lolololol" quote, only to be refuted and never heard from again. I don't know what's more annoying, the onslaught of awful posts, or the drive by posts that ignore anything said.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
19 pages of absolute bull****.

We should sick Replacement on that thread.

Edit: I mean that in a nice way, Replacement. Haha.

Last edited:

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
It's really hard to take anything seriously when it is written by someone who thinks "r" and "u" are words, doesn't understand what an ellipses is for and can't form complete sentences.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Hai gaiz. Alex "I can't hit 30 points" Barkov>>>>>>>>>>RNH! All 4 Florida centers>>>>>>>>RNH defensively. Uhh... and Taylor Hall is a boat anchor too!:laugh: I guess even when there's only 20 fans of the team, there's still bound to be a few idiots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad