News Article: "Ryan Nugent-Hopkins tired of getting Oilers coaches fired"

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Krueger asked MacT to look for an associate coach and then flew to Europe. Why didn't he help with the process?

Looks to me like you are avoiding the question.

In your mind was there ever a time when MacT and Lowe were at fault?

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Even if you believe that, which would be crazy after 1 good rookie season (remember Nuge's rookie season?), why are you boasting about the fact that you didn't want the Oilers to take RNH? You were pushing hard for Larsson if I recall and there's no way I'd deal RNH for Larsson.

I think the board was about 90% RNH, 9% Larsson, and then there was me calling for us to draft Landeskog and convert him to center

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think the board was about 90% RNH, 9% Larsson, and then there was me calling for us to draft Landeskog and convert him to center

There were some Couturier fans but I don't recall many Landeskog ones at that point. I was definitely in the RNH camp.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Krueger asked MacT to look for an associate coach and then flew to Europe. Why didn't he help with the process?
Does anybody really know this to be true? I have seen lots of speculation on this from Krueger didn't feel the need to be involved to Mactavish insisting on finding the assistant coach himself. I've never seen anything concrete one way or another. Do you have proof of this?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Does anybody really know this to be true? I have seen lots of speculation on this from Krueger didn't feel the need to be involved to Mactavish insisting on finding the assistant coach himself. I've never seen anything concrete one way or another. Do you have proof of this?

There would be no proof. MacT was manager, was wanting to interview some prospective AC's and Eakins was known to be on the list and he discussed options of Ac with kreuger at the time and they were in contact. This isn't the dark ages. MacT had Kruegers contact numbers and Skype information:naughty: in which to inform him of any result or plan or to bounce something off him. At the time this is a routine look for a compatible AC that could fit in. No biggy. Then MacT gets temporary insanity and hires Eakins as HC.

not sure what the alleged story is that Narnia is going with or why Kreuger has to be in NA for any of that. Kreuger was coach, not manager. We haven't had a coach living here in JMay June July and August since I don't know when. Why would Kreuger, a resident European, be expected to?

Sounds like somebody stating agenda.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
There would be no proof. MacT was manager, was wanting to interview some prospective AC's and Eakins was known to be on the list and he discussed options of Ac with kreuger at the time and they were in contact. This isn't the dark ages. MacT had Kruegers contact numbers and Skype information:naughty: in which to inform him of any result or plan or to bounce something off him. At the time this is a routine look for a compatible AC that could fit in. No biggy. Then MacT gets temporary insanity and hires Eakins as HC.

not sure what the alleged story is that Narnia is going with or why Kreuger has to be in NA for any of that. Kreuger was coach, not manager. We haven't had a coach living here in JMay June July and August since I don't know when. Why would Kreuger, a resident European, be expected to?

Sounds like somebody stating agenda.

Why do you think the insanity was temporary?

Anything to avoid laying any blame on Mactavish or Lowe. I'm surprised Narnia isn't blaming the Eakins hire on Tambellini or even Sather.:sarcasm:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Why do you think the insanity was temporary?

Anything to avoid laying any blame on Mactavish or Lowe. I'm surprised Narnia isn't blaming the Eakins hire on Tambellini or even Sather.:sarcasm:

heh, heh..

Oversight on my part. MacT has been fried for several years. A spent burned out force.

He was good back in 06.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Only you random Oiler fans would bash on RNH. Media pundits and analysts have put him on a pedestal saying he's an untouchable. Don't get the hate on him at all. Future captain and one of the only bright spots on a team that was miserable for so long.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Someone else in this message board also mentioned it. Shouldn't the coach be looking for an Associate Coach and not the GM.
He should have been and yet he wasn't. Knowing what we know about Krueger's professional qualifications and knowing what we know about Mac T's professional qualifications, which scenario seems more likely to you? Krueger sluffed it off or Mactavish was flexing his muscles as the newly appointed boss and wanted to prove he could do it himself. Krueger has had all kinds of opportunities open up for him in hockey and elsewhere. Mactavish tucked his tail in between his legs after he lost his GM gig and accepted a pity job inside the organization instead of moving on. Easy guess for me what happened.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Someone else in this message board also mentioned it. Shouldn't the coach be looking for an Associate Coach and not the GM.

Not unless the Gm is going to fire the coach, which is exactly what happened.

MacT made a really crap move there, like it or not.

Sounds to me like he made up his mad mind minutes before even meeting Eakins.

Craziness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad