Friedman: Ryan Murray's name is out there

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Yes

Hawks defense desperately need to get younger.

Is it that bad you would want to give up a legitimate star?

I saw an awful Habs trade proposal a week or so back with the main pieces being Pacioretty and Panarin and Hawks fans were actually agreeing to it! Yuck lol

What gives with this trend of wanting to ship him out so eagerly?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Really? I can't see the Sharks doing that then unfortunately (not that I would want them to). I see Couture as a legit #1C and I honestly think he's the best forward on the Sharks rn

yep its pretty unlikely as a lot of the Sharks are aging they are probably looking to Couture and Hertl to keep them going. The Sharks have skilled guys but with the age of most of that team they probably arent good trading partners

felixhockey

Jan 28, 2016
I would significantly add to Murray for Couture.

Murray+Abramov/Kolesar/Thurkauf+Milano+1st for Couture?

Sharks can't afford to make this deal unless you somehow give us a future #1C because the Sharks would be screwed in the next 3 years without him

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I would move our first rounder for him along with another roster player (Bozak perhaps).

I would also be open to trading JVR+2nd this year.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Already been pointed out 578 times that Bozak nor JVR work

Didn't read the whole thread but gotcha.

Out of curiousity, what exactly would it take from our side?

Edit: Read some older posts, seems like the only reasonable ask is Kadri and even that is too rich for my blood.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Didn't read the whole thread but gotcha.

Out of curiousity, what exactly would it take from our side?

Edit: Read some older posts, seems like the only reasonable ask is Kadri and even that is too rich for my blood.

Yeah it stalls out at Kadri. Don't seem like good trade partners

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

I saw an awful Habs trade proposal a week or so back with the main pieces being Pacioretty and Panarin and Hawks fans were actually agreeing to it! Yuck lol

To be fair the CBJ and CHI have a decent relationship as far as trades go that help both sides. We got them AA and Dano in the Saad trade that helped both sides. I don't want another W but if it's the bread man I'm ok with it. Murray prospect and picks give them all cost controlled assets and gets them a young D but I don't see it happening at all. I think they keep him I don't see anyway he leaves.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

It's the sensible thing to do.

He doesn't have a NTC and is going to leave in 2 years anyway when he's a UFA.

With Seabrook's play fading of late, we desperately need a younger top-4 defenseman to take the heat off Keith and Hjalms.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It's the sensible thing to do.

He doesn't have a NTC and is going to leave in 2 years anyway when he's a UFA.

With Seabrook's play fading of late, we desperately need a younger top-4 defenseman to take the heat off Keith and Hjalms.

Tyson Barrie fit the bill?

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I know Columbus fans arent that high on Nuge, but I think he could really thrive in the Blue Jackets as 1a/1b type center with Wennberg.

He has more offensive punch then shown and he is responsible in his own end. Can contribute right away too. I think its a decent fit.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I know Columbus fans arent that high on Nuge, but I think he could really thrive in the Blue Jackets as 1a/1b type center with Wennberg.

He has more offensive punch then shown and he is responsible in his own end. Can contribute right away too. I think its a decent fit.

I dont doubt he probably has more to give but at 6 mil for 4 more years it would be nice to really believe there is a lot more. I guess he'd have a chance to play with skill and size which he never had most of his Oilers career which could help him feel more comfortable. I wouldn't shed a tear or anything if it did happen but I dont expect it to

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC

As a Jackets fan I might be in the minority but I'd seriously consider that trade.

coachwithoutahead

Nov 21, 2008
All of the comments from this offseason hint that Jarmo and co. have something big in the works. Sounds like Murray will definitely be a part of it if something happens. Him saying they are specifically seeking out a sniper makes me wonder who they're targeting.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
C_vaGVcUQAArg-Y.jpg:large

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
We all have our preferences but if Jarmo lands one of Duchene/Johnson/Nuge I dont know how we couldn't be happy. I like Murray and will argue on here for good deal but realistically the team is setup in a way that they can deal from a position of strength to build in area's of weakness. In saying that Jarmo is pretty tricky to read and if a trade happens Im sure noone will have guessed it before hand :laugh:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014

the problem there is that he makes way too much for what he brings, he would first have to have at least 2 mil retained and not at our cost by giving up more. It would have to start with the deal being fair and equal... then discuss retention with nothing given for it being retained. I don't see EDM doing that. He is Dubi only younger and on a worse contract. We want to push him as low as possible not because he's bad but because we want as much depth as possible.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Bennett+ hickey = Murray + Bjorkstrand ?

Would certainly love to find something between Bennet and Murray but listening to Jarmo, he (and Davidson) believe Bjorkstrand is a 30+ goal guy in the near future. They seem extremely high on him (I like him too but I'm no expert) to the point I don't see them moving him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad