Friedman: Ryan Murray's name is out there

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
From a jam-packed 30 Thoughts column
t’s no secret Columbus is deep on defence, especially after the coaches showed enough faith in 20-year-old Gabriel Carlsson to dress him for all five playoff games. (They are still hopeful 21-year-old Vladislav Gavrikov comes over from the KHL, but that is far from certain.) Ryan Murray’s name is out there, but the GM refused to discuss him specifically.

“Every good offensive team starts from the defence to move up the ice. We will not easily give up that strength. It affects how many goals we score.â€

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-future-hold-dubas-leafs/

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Not surprising. He's a top four d-man, but not what the Jackets were anticipating when they drafted him to be a franchise player.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
What do the Jackets need? Centre? IIRC they are pretty good on wingers

what an odd turn of events if the Jackets are now looking to trade a defenseman for a center...

let me clarify I am not mocking by saying this... just seems odd if this is their situation so soon after Jones-Johanssen

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
what an odd turn of events if the Jackets are now looking to trade a defenseman for a center...

let me clarify I am not mocking by saying this... just seems odd if this is their situation so soon after Jones-Johanssen

Werenski developed a lot faster then anyone could have expected and Jones is a big RHD that the team desperatly needed as many do. a trade involving Murray and lets say Duchene if he is a target is a big step down from a Jones/Johansen swap.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The top 5 really only produced Chucky and Rielly.
Murray is a good NHLer but you'd have to be pretty disappointed using a #2 pick on him

I'd rather have Murray then either of those guys right now... Neither are studs and Murray is as underrated as Reilly is overrated.

scratchhayes*

Mar 24, 2016
Murray is a top 4, 22 year old defenseman. They aren't going to add anything for a guy like Panarini whose point totals would drop by 25 points if he didn't play with Kane.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Columbus should keep him. Murray has started to figure things out, and is due to make some more big strides forward next season. Worst time possible to give up on the kid.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Murray is a top 4, 22 year old defenseman. They aren't going to add anything for a guy like Panarini whose point totals would drop by 25 points if he didn't play with Kane.

This might be one of the worst judgements of a hockey player I've seen

varano

Jun 27, 2013

Now I see the issue....Youre talking about his Artemis Italian cousin...

OK Carry on...

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So who Kane was dressed as, on Worlds? Kucherov or Kuznetsov? Panarin got 17 points in 9 games there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad