Player Discussion Ryan Kesler

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Tough competition. I'm not entirely sure there's a clear favorite. I know Bergeron is the analytics darling, so maybe the edge goes to him.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Tough choice. I'd honestly, from an unbiased perspective, love to see Koivu win for once, but all 3 have serious arguments. Probably will be Bergeron though if only from reputation. (not to mention analytics)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Bergeron should win it, he's absolutely unreal in his own end and made up for his slow start with another 50 point year.

There were more deserving nominations that Koivu though. He had a good year but I wouldn't think he's top 3.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Kesler was phenomenal during the beginning of the season but not as much lately. Bergeron will likely take it.

Although to be honest, I would like to see Koivu getting it, he's been solid throughout his career and this season has been one of his best. Too bad that his best doesn't match with other nominees' season.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Kesler was phenomenal during the beginning of the season but not as much lately. Bergeron will likely take it.

Although to be honest, I would like to see Koivu getting it, he's been solid throughout his career and this season has been one of his best. Too bad that his best doesn't match with other nominees' season.

Yeah, Kesler has really slowed down as the season has went along. Hoping the week of rest will do him a world of good.

But that doesn't take away from this accomplishment. And it's well deserved. :)

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Just in general Kesler has been a force since coming over.

The 2C we deserved.

Really hoping he gets it but in tough company for sure.

Almost makes me forget all those years where we struggled to find someone to replace the loss of Andy Mac. I loved Koivu, but we got him past his prime. Kesler has been terrific since coming over from Vancouver.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Kesler must be injured as well. He's slowed down a ton and his faceoff were brutal yesterday. Wondering if it's a hand/rist thing

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think Kesler is definitely playing through something.

gotta think that almost everyone is, but RC giving him so much ice time through out the year didn't help. No reason it should have taken as long as it did for RC to give the 4th line more mins.

Black Duck

Sep 21, 2014
Near Sumulaakso
My favourite man so far in playoffs!

Calgary serie: Kesler sits on puck!
Edmonton serie: Kesler holds goalie down... or is being held down :popcorn:
Nashville: What next? :naughty:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
My favourite man so far in playoffs!

Calgary serie: Kesler sits on puck!
Edmonton serie: Kesler holds goalie down... or is being held down :popcorn:
Nashville: What next? :naughty:

Probably steal Johnny Cash's guitar out of the Country Music Hall of Fame. :amazed:

photo.jpg

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Weird thing to bring up, but when he was checking for blood in game 2 against NSH, did anybody else notice how crooked his pinky finger was? :laugh:

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
Weird thing to bring up, but when he was checking for blood in game 2 against NSH, did anybody else notice how crooked his pinky finger was? :laugh:

One of the first things that I saw, thought it was strange to see that, glad I am not the only one :) .

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
I've never understood the hatred from a fan's point of view. I've always liked Kesler as a player, even when he was in Vancouver. Hockey media has had a bipolar relationship with him, Vancouver press was always either loving him or ******** all over him. Now that he's kissing the Californian soil, it's more of the latter.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I've never understood the hatred from a fan's point of view. I've always liked Kesler as a player, even when he was in Vancouver. Hockey media has had a bipolar relationship with him, Vancouver press was always either loving him or ******** all over him. Now that he's kissing the Californian soil, it's more of the latter.

I understand the hatred, but I don't understand the "dirty player" label. I hated him on Vancouver. He did same thing to Getzlaf that he's doing to Cryjo. However, I do think that he dove a lot more in Vancouver than he does here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad