Ryan Kesler Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
They don't want Kesler enough to overpay. His skill-set is redundant to them. They don't need another Backes, they need a Spezza type.

How do you know this? If reports are that they are interested, they are interested. reports also say the price is high. All teams know this. I love when fans like Chicago and st louis fans, when they hear their team is interested in Kesler, immediately move to disparage Kesler and overvalue their roster/prospects. all of a sudden TT is the best 2nd line C in the world who just couldn't make a team with poor center ice depth, and Oshie is a first line all star because he can deke in a shoot out.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I suspect I already know your answer - but is their a Kesler deal to be had re the Hawks w/o including Saad or Teravainen.

I know.. I know..

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
I suspect I already know your answer - but is their a Kesler deal to be had re the Hawks w/o including Saad or Teravainen.

I know.. I know..

If the Canucks decide to trade Tanev to Florida, yes there is and the Canucks even end up taking an extra $2 million in salary.

To Chicago: Kesler
To Vancouver: Seabrook, Morin, MciNeill & Rundblad

Last edited:

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
If the Canucks decide to trade Tanev to Florida, yes there is and the Canucks even end up taking an extra $2 million in salary.

To Chicago: Kesler
To Vancouver: Seabrook, Morin & Rundblad

Meh. I prefer getting younger on the blueline and Morin and Rundblad don't offer the Canucks enough to build off of in the future.

I would say I would consider this Chicago's "C" offer.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

I know.. I know..

I suspect Saad is a deal breaker for the Hawks and that you'd be losing Teravainen should a trade occur

Sort of fits in line with some gossip I heard, too. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
That is absolutely brutal for Hawks

oh man. What are you guys going to do when you actually do make a trade?:laugh:

2nd line centers do not come cheap. And its heavily rumoured Chicago is in on one. Put 2+2 together. Chicago is not selling its overpriced fatboys in slick deals, Chicago are buyers this year. Buyers in what appears to be a western arms race. Prepare to give up or not get.

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
That is absolutely brutal for Hawks

Let's face it. Any trade involving Kesler is brutal to the Blackhawks unless Vancouver is sending Chicago Vancouver's 2014 first round pick as compensation for the Blackhawks taking Kesler off the Canucks hands as a salary dump. Even then your will expect the Canucks to eat half of Kesler's salary.

John Bender*

Let's face it. Any trade involving Kesler is brutal to the Blackhawks unless Vancouver is sending Chicago Vancouver's 2014 first round pick as compensation for the Blackhawks taking Kesler off the Canucks hands as a salary dump. Even then your will expect the Canucks to eat half of Kesler's salary.

So true.

John Bender*

I suspect Saad is a deal breaker for the Hawks and that you'd be losing Teravainen should a trade occur

Sort of fits in line with some gossip I heard, too. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

What we have learned from Kesler trade talk is that Sean couturier and brandon saad are the two best hockey players in the history of the world.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
In fairness Blackhawks, fans are used to having their cake and getting eat it. It skews their expectations. They're not used to their team being in a weaker negotiating position, trying to address a glaring roster need for a premium asset.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
In fairness Blackhawks fans are used to having their cake and getting eat it. It skews their expectations. They're not used to their team being in a weaker negotiating position, trying to address a glaring roster need for a premium asset.

this-exactly this.

Chicago isn't the one trading and getting great returns from a fat byfuglien after he hit the wedding buffet- they are looking to add a competent, NHL 2nd line Center.

St Louis, Anaheim and Chicago have glaring Center ice problems, an I'd rather choke on another year of Kesler's most miserable frowns and scowls than give them what they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce