Rumor: Ryan Johansen available "maybe"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Stamkos simply has not been the same player since his broken leg in 2013.

He's probably still a 35-40 goal, 70-75 point player, but the 50-60 goal superstar hasn't been seen in over 2 years now. And he'll still get paid like that previous player.

he really fell off a cliff when MSL left

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
From everything that has been said LA is working towards singing Lucic. He fits the team and he is enjoying playing there.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
LOL at the "Henrik AINEC" posts.

In less than half the games played Stamkos already has more goals than Henrik has. In fact, Stamkos has a career 0.99PPG, while Henrik is at 0.84PPG. Comparing Stamkos to Henrik when Henrik was the same age as Stamkos is today, Henrik wasn't even a first line NHLer and was just starting to establish himself as a top line player (merely months into his breakout season). Meanwhile, Stamkos has already won 2 Rocket Richard trophies and has been a constant top 5 NHL forward throughout most of his career.

Like Henrik though, Stamkos hasn't shown the ability to be able to carry his team on his back in the playoffs. He's no Jonathan Toews. But to say Henrik is better than Stamkos and it's not even close is just pure homerism.

If there is any chance at all to acquire Steven Stamkos we would be foolish to turn it down. I don't think it's realistic at all for the reasons mentioned in earlier posts, but if there is a chance we have to explore it.

Man you are so negative all the time, does it not suck being so grumpy all the time? Yeesh

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Seth Jones isn't cheap. This guy will be a number 1 dman in a year or two. Plus contract situation and age. Columbus got a good deal back.

For a 1C like johansen, one being a proven commodity, I think that's cheap.
Especially for Nashville, whose bleeding defense. Fill a huge hole, without creating one at all.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
For a 1C like johansen, one being a proven commodity, I think that's cheap.
Especially for Nashville, whose bleeding defense. Fill a huge hole, without creating one at all.

Then what would the Canucks have to offer thats similar to Seth Jones? Please care to explain McCann and Horvat?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Depends on what you think is harder to attain... Number 1 dman or number 1 center? Johansen has a year and a half only left on his contract (i believe).

That's the point, Nashville has a glut of D. Seth jones has the potential but he's not a 1D yet.
Columbus sure values his potential I guess.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I think we can close this up now that Johansen has been moved. Good discussion about the trade in other threads now if you want to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad