Rumor: Ryan Johansen available "maybe"

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
yah probably not, pretty sure stamkos prefers playing in the middle, so did kesler so that wouldn't have ended too well. although stamkos with Art Ross Daniel and Henrik = :O

Stamkos would have been our best C. In fact, Stamkos would be the best C this franchise has ever had, and arguably the best player this franchise has ever had.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Hank is easily the best C we've ever had, but I see the point Y2k was making. Stamkos has tremendous skill and sex appeal. Would have probably been the most exciting player since Bure.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Canucks do not have the Prospect depth to make this deal. Unless if Vancouver somehow get the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft I can see Columbus doing a Johannsen for the Canucks 2016 1st rounder.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
LOL at the "Henrik AINEC" posts.

In less than half the games played Stamkos already has more goals than Henrik has. In fact, Stamkos has a career 0.99PPG, while Henrik is at 0.84PPG. Comparing Stamkos to Henrik when Henrik was the same age as Stamkos is today, Henrik wasn't even a first line NHLer and was just starting to establish himself as a top line player (merely months into his breakout season). Meanwhile, Stamkos has already won 2 Rocket Richard trophies and has been a constant top 5 NHL forward throughout most of his career.

Like Henrik though, Stamkos hasn't shown the ability to be able to carry his team on his back in the playoffs. He's no Jonathan Toews. But to say Henrik is better than Stamkos and it's not even close is just pure homerism.

If there is any chance at all to acquire Steven Stamkos we would be foolish to turn it down. I don't think it's realistic at all for the reasons mentioned in earlier posts, but if there is a chance we have to explore it.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Stamkos would have been our best C. In fact, Stamkos would be the best C this franchise has ever had, and arguably the best player this franchise has ever had.

Not really the point of my post. How exactly did you propose fitting 3 1st line caliber centres in the top 6 in 2011? Henrik Sedin has nothing to do with my post, he's never played wing before and wasn't going to be moved there, especially after a hart year.

Henrik Sedin is a better centre than Steven Stamkos, not going to debate who the better player is, because I frankly don't know.

pullyoursocksup

Jun 30, 2009
players like Stamkos and Johansen rarely ever become available in the NHL today. Making a deal for one of them is a franchise-altering move that can accelerate a rebuild by several years (e.g. Bertuzzi-Luongo deal). I doubt that Stamkos would want to sign long-term in Vancouver right now considering considering where this team is at. Johansen on the other hand, is a hometown kid and is clearly at odds with Torts - the situation is pretty ideal to make a trade for him.

If I'm Benning I try very hard to make this deal without including Horvat, McCann or Virtanen, but if we have to let one of them go then we let one of them go for a hometown 23 year-old franchise C who with proper management could be a canuck for life.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
LOL at the "Henrik AINEC" posts.

In less than half the games played Stamkos already has more goals than Henrik has. In fact, Stamkos has a career 0.99PPG, while Henrik is at 0.84PPG. Comparing Stamkos to Henrik when Henrik was the same age as Stamkos is today, Henrik wasn't even a first line NHLer and was just starting to establish himself as a top line player (merely months into his breakout season). Meanwhile, Stamkos has already won 2 Rocket Richard trophies and has been a constant top 5 NHL forward throughout most of his career.

Like Henrik though, Stamkos hasn't shown the ability to be able to carry his team on his back in the playoffs. He's no Jonathan Toews. But to say Henrik is better than Stamkos and it's not even close is just pure homerism.

If there is any chance at all to acquire Steven Stamkos we would be foolish to turn it down. I don't think it's realistic at all for the reasons mentioned in earlier posts, but if there is a chance we have to explore it.
Henrik Sedin helped take this team within 1 game of the Stanley Cup. You really underappreciate the Sedins and take my word for it, you will miss them when they are gone.

Nov 1, 2011
Henrik's (and Daniel's) career took a different trajectory than Stamkos's, but his personal achievements surpass Stamkos's at this point.

Um...no.

I love Henrik as much as the next guys (have his jersey) but Stamkos at this point in his career has as impressive a resume as Henrik and likely will finish with a far superior one.

I'd like both on my team.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Henrik Sedin helped take this team within 1 game of the Stanley Cup. You really underappreciate the Sedins and take my word for it, you will miss them when they are gone.

Henrik Sedin did nothing in the SCF. Granted Stamkos struggled too, but don't act like Henrik took this team on his back and got us to within 1 game of the Stanley Cup. He was invisible that series.

If Stamkos is available to us, we'd be foolish to turn him down. Ditto with Johansen. As mentioned above these guys are very very seldom available.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Um...no.

I love Henrik as much as the next guys (have his jersey) but Stamkos at this point in his career has as impressive a resume as Henrik and likely will finish with a far superior one.

I'd like both on my team.

Like I said, their careers took different trajectories (Stamkos developed into an elite player sooner), but IMO Henrik's 112 points and Hart trophy trump Stamkos's career achievements so far.

I never disputed the fact that Stamkos is ahead of Henrik at the same point in their careers.

Stamkos still has loads of time to achieve more, but he may never beat Henrik's single-season achievement.

Stamkos also has a much better chance to lead a team to a cup in his career, of course, which is more valuable than any personal/single-season achievements.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Like I said, their careers took different trajectories (Stamkos developed into an elite player sooner), but IMO Henrik's 112 points and Hart trophy trump Stamkos's career achievements so far.

I never disputed the fact that Stamkos is ahead of Henrik at the same point in their careers.

Stamkos still has loads of time to achieve more, but he may never beat Henrik's single-season achievement.

Stamkos also has a much better chance to lead a team to a cup in his career, of course, which is more valuable than any personal/single-season achievements.

I'd say a 60 goal season is right up there with a 112 point season. 60 goals is something that has only been done twice in the past 20 years. Meanwhile 112 points is not unheard of and has actually been surpassed several times by several players in that same time period.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Henrik Sedin did nothing in the SCF. Granted Stamkos struggled too, but don't act like Henrik took this team on his back and got us to within 1 game of the Stanley Cup. He was invisible that series.

If Stamkos is available to us, we'd be foolish to turn him down. Ditto with Johansen. As mentioned above these guys are very very seldom available.

Stamkos has a worse PPG than Henrik in the playoffs. I thought you hated him because he can't produce in the playoffs? now you want to add a guy that performs worse and will cost max salary?

Johansen I'd be ok with. no to Stamkos.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Stamkos will get paid way more then his worth next contract no thanks. He's a shooter who thinks he's a centre he's not. It worked when St Louis was his winger as Martin was the play maker. Stamkos needs another play maker to make him worth ten million which he probably gets per. In my opinion you pay someone ten per and they make people around them better and don't need someone to make them better. RyJo would love to get but not at the cost of players/pics plus the known fact he will ask for the moon and Benning is a horrible contract negotiator.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Stamkos will get paid way more then his worth next contract no thanks. He's a shooter who thinks he's a centre he's not. It worked when St Louis was his winger as Martin was the play maker. Stamkos needs another play maker to make him worth ten million which he probably gets per. In my opinion you pay someone ten per and they make people around them better and don't need someone to make them better. RyJo would love to get but not at the cost of players/pics plus the known fact he will ask for the moon and Benning is a horrible contract negotiator.

Not all C's are playmakers. Some are goal scorers. If we can get a 60G Stamkos we would be idiots to say no.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

hmm, actually, henrik sedin did lots in the playoffs. foiled again!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Stamkos simply has not been the same player since his broken leg in 2013.

He's probably still a 35-40 goal, 70-75 point player, but the 50-60 goal superstar hasn't been seen in over 2 years now. And he'll still get paid like that previous player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad