Player Discussion Ryan Hartman

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I like Hartman , I like most of his game. His inability to control himself when he gets frustrated is really poor though. This is dirty and doesn’t help anything.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I like Hartman , I like most of his game. His inability to control himself when he gets frustrated is really poor though. This is dirty and doesn’t help anything.

I don't mind it. I think it's good to have guys who are emotional and toe the line. It's good to have pests. People mostly remember the negatives, but there are plenty of times where Hartman has gotten under the skin of the other team and I think it's given us a slight advantage in those times. He brings more good than bad.

Reactions: HobeyBroten

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I don't mind it. I think it's good to have guys who are emotional and toe the line. It's good to have pests. People mostly remember the negatives, but there are plenty of times where Hartman has gotten under the skin of the other team and I think it's given us a slight advantage in those times. He brings more good than bad.
I can agree to this , something like this slew foot though is way over the line. It’s no different than Matt Cooke going knee on knee with someone. It’s embarrassing

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The coach encourages this stuff by telling them grit first.
The guys with a penchant for losing their heads in the physical game... Foligno and Hartman in particular, thus tend to lose control.

I'm in favor of a gritty team, but more of a smart grit that stays away from retaliation etc. If Foligno and Hartman ever were reigned in to keep their physical play "smart", we wouldn't see crap like this.

I remember a couple years ago when Foligno first started losing his head and doing dumb dangerous things, most here defended him, because that was out of character to be dumb and dangerous. Now it's clear that dumb and dangerous is a result of Deano's influence.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was a trip/slew foot, and he deserves whatever, but at least it was in the open ice. the ones i hate are when the victim is going hard into the boards and he gets slewed. Those can result in catastrophic injury, as you have no time to adjust before you pile into an immoveable object. Happened to Kakko last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad