Recalled/Assigned: Ryan Hamilton called up

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Good for him. Hamilton is about as much of a character guy you can find. Sink or swim, he's going to give you his all every time.

If he can't go back down without clearning waivers, then I see him spending the rest of the year mixing it up between the press box and the 4th line.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Eklund has a lot of hit or miss rumours, but he is saying the Leafs are front runners for Bouwmeester, Roy and Boyes...

Asif16*

So does this mean, MClaren will not play tonight if lupul is suspended??

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Because he's not expected to play a lot of minutes. Pretty simple.

He may actually ride the press box more often that not, especially if we are healthy.

Ashton and Colborne benefit more from the additional minutes in the AHL than the few minutes in the NHL.

hmm... I see.

Was thinking their might be a top 9 spot open. If Hamilton is on the 4th line, im fine with it.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
This is interesting....

very! trade coming?

Sorry, to my post above, these are the 2 posts I meant to quote.

Bouwmeeter? Why? Derek Roy i can dig. Kind of makes sense. Boyes.....sure why not

Idk, we've been talking about getting a good partner for Phaneuf for a while now. Maybe they plan on subtracting a forward(s) and shutting Gunnarsson down? Who knows.

it looks like we are not front runners for them, since ecklund said we are

LOL :laugh:

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I'm happy to see Hamilton get another chance, but If it's just to replace Lupul for a game or 2, why not call up someone who doesn't have to clear waivers? Very interesting indeed.

On second thought he's just taking Komi's spot for now, so they could bench him if they have to.

Last edited:

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Because he's not expected to play a lot of minutes. Pretty simple.

He may actually ride the press box more often that not, especially if we are healthy.

Ashton and Colborne benefit more from the additional minutes in the AHL than the few minutes in the NHL.

He is maybe needed for a game tonight, next game for Marlies in on Friday.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Eklund has a lot of hit or miss rumours, but he is saying the Leafs are front runners for Bouwmeester, Roy and Boyes...

Lol again, get this **** out of here.

If you have to say "It's Eklund, take it with a grain of salt" then you know you should not be posting it!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
There is a whole new philosophy in Toronto now that rewards players on merit of performance and rids the organization of "sense of entitlement". I love the new management approach that rewards players regardless of age, experience nor contract as that is what breeds a desire to win by playing the best performing players. Nonis has proven on multiple occasions now that he is not going to let NHL contracts rule his decisions nor create road blocks for more deserving players in the process.

As a result Hamilton has earned his chance with the Leafs based on his contribution and performance with the Marlies. While it might only be for a few games as a result of the Lupul outcome, he still gets a chance.

mikebel111*

My point is if Ashton or Colborne would be called up, they wouldn't necessary lose any Marlies time.

I get that, but why call a kid up and put him on 4th line role, hamilton is perfect for 4th line

leafstilldeath*

I smell a trade coming. If Lups suspended for a game or two we had Larry to fill in why call Hamilton knowing he will have to clear waivers if sent down again. Hmmm... Nonnis what u upto??

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I smell a trade coming. If Lups suspended for a game or two we had Larry to fill in why call Hamilton knowing he will have to clear waivers if sent down again. Hmmm... Nonnis what u upto??

it could go both ways i guess, my assumption is that they are rewarding a guy who has spent some time in the ahl with some NHL time and experience, im fairly certain eakins is in more then love with this guy, so maybe they're just listening to eakins?, although say they trade a FW for a D, and Lups is out, that means they would need 2 FW's, and im fairly certain mclaren's the only odd one out most nights, meaning they's need another FW till Lups is back, but in that case, they would call up a guy with a 2way

beleaf67

Mar 2, 2013
Ottawa Valley
Why would this recall result in any upcoming trades?

I agree what Mess said he got rewarded for all his hard work on the farm.

I think it will be very quiet trading deadline for the leafs… Too many teams still in the mix and crazy prices...

For tonight if lups is suspended, the lines might look something like this…

JVR – Bozak – Kessel
MAC-Kadri-Kulemin
Komarov/Hamilton-Grabo-Frattin
Orr-Hamilton/Komarov-McLaren

IronHalen

Feb 7, 2013
Why would this recall result in any upcoming trades?

I agree what Mess said he got rewarded for all his hard work on the farm.

I think it will be very quiet trading deadline for the leafs… Too many teams still in the mix and crazy prices...

For tonight if lups is suspended, the lines might look something like this…

JVR – Bozak – Kessel
MAC-Kadri-Kulemin
Komarov/Hamilton-Grabo-Frattin
Orr-Hamilton/Komarov-McLaren

Healthy scratch McClement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad