Confirmed with Link: Ryan Ellis traded to PHI. Preds get Myers from PHI and Glass from VGK

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I’m not really a fan of this on the surface. It does free up some cash and a protection slot I guess?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't know enough about the individual players to know if its really that great or not, but based on what I'm hearing it sounds like a solid deal, especially considering it is pre-expansion draft and we no longer need to protect Ellis.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Why the love for Glass? He seems extremely average.
Always hard to tell with guys like that imo. Is he average because he is just going to be average or is he average because he is just stuck behind Vegas' current centers? I think its a situation that could work out for both Patrick and Glass. Both players could just need a change of scenery.

Reactions: LCPreds

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I was hoping Patrick wouldve stayed a Pred but if Glass can become the player he was drafted to be here it wont be so bad.

Not the haul I expected for Ellis, but its also not bad. 10 million off the books now and we get rid of Ellis' contract. If Johansen/Duchene are claimed or traded thats another 8m in the cap space.

Reactions: SouthNash

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Does anyone dislike this trade?? This is fantastic!’
!

i dislike it on the personal side because I really like Ellis. I hate seeing guys who have been with us so long go somewhere else (or retire). And we’ve now lost a couple of them this week.

On the other hand I think the Preds are now better off for the long term provided we don’t squander the freed up cap space.

Reactions: Gh24 and Viqsi

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I was hoping Patrick wouldve stayed a Pred but if Glass can become the player he was drafted to be here it wont be so bad.

Not the haul I expected for Ellis, but its also not bad. 10 million off the books now and we get rid of Ellis' contract. If Johansen/Duchene are claimed or traded thats another 8m in the cap space.

I wanted nothing to do with Patrick with all his issues, so I'm pretty stoked.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Myers sucks. Can Skate but is hockey IQ challenged. You better hope that Glass can be the player he was drafted to be.
Not true. He is a good defender that will learn. He is still kinda raw and it showed this year but he is great in the neutral zone, has an active stick, and a good skater. He will round out the 2nd pairing for years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad