Injury Report: Ryan Callahan (lower body)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Mm, like I said in the game threa, they haven't ruched him back to Tampa like they did with Hedman so hopefully that means something good but I doubt that he'll play tomorrow even if it's nothing bad. we just havr to keep our fingers crossed on this one until we know more.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Mm, like I said in the game threa, they haven't ruched him back to Tampa like they did with Hedman so hopefully that means something good but I doubt that he'll play tomorrow even if it's nothing bad. we just havr to keep our fingers crossed on this one until we know more.

I'm keeping my crossed for sure.

Cally's such a critical role on our team I figured he deserved a thread to himself, serious or not.

I'm hoping he misses one and comes back fast, we'll need him in the coming weeks.

On a positive note, at least our depth is getting tested early vs. later.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well, we all knew he was getting injured eventually, rather have him out now then down the stretch/playoffs.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
What happened to him though?

He was there, then he wasn't. Didn't see him get hit or anything.
They said the trainers were looking on his right side. He came back for a little skate but went back to the trainers and headed on the the dressing room and missed the entire 3rd period.

"Right side" - let's start speculating!

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Rangers fan here. Cally is my favorite modern Ranger (well now ex-Ranger) and Palat is my favorite non-Ranger in the league.

Nothing you all probably don't know but that's Cally's game. He's gonna miss a few every now and then because of the way he plays. He did have some knee sprains in his time with the Rangers (twice actually not counting the surgery he had during his rookie pro season). My guess is a knee sprain and he'll miss like anywhere from 3-7 games. Hope he's back quick.

I'm rooting for a Rangers/Lightning ECF :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Rangers fan here. Cally is my favorite modern Ranger (well now ex-Ranger) and Palat is my favorite non-Ranger in the league.

Nothing you all probably don't know but that's Cally's game. He's gonna miss a few every now and then because of the way he plays. He did have some knee sprains in his time with the Rangers (twice actually not counting the surgery he had during his rookie pro season). My guess is a knee sprain and he'll miss like anywhere from 3-7 games. Hope he's back quick.

There are several of us who have followed Callahan before he came to the Lightning so we know but it’s not really a big deal, we don’t know yet how he got hurt or what he hurt but someone said he got hit by Fayne right before and if that was it then it was just a freak accident that happens when you play. The Bolts haven’t come out with any info yet so we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

I do agree with his style of play is tough on the body but the truth is that it’s just the way he is and what he does, he will go out there and give everything for his team and teammates it’s something that you can’t help but admire about him.

I'm rooting for a Rangers/Lightning ECF :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

Now that would be something.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
There are several of us who have followed Callahan before he came to the Lightning so we know but it’s not really a big deal, we don’t know yet how he got hurt or what he hurt but someone said he got hit by Fayne right before and if that was it then it was just a freak accident that happens when you play. The Bolts haven’t come out with any info yet so we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

I do agree with his style of play is tough on the body but the truth is that it’s just the way he is and what he does, he will go out there and give everything for his team and teammates it’s something that you can’t help but admire about him.

Now that would be something.

The storylines :amazed:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO
Cooper described Killorn as day to day, initially called Callahan week-to-week, but said that could change and be day to day issue

Well hopefully it changes to day to day....

Cally does get injured but he usually bounces back sooner than expected. I think he'll be back the latest next week or maybe this weekend. It sounds like a very minor injury. Wish we knew what it was.

He is still traveling with the team, and is not being put on the IR, so those are good signs there.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
@erlendssonTBO

Cooper described Killorn as day to day, initially called Callahan week-to-week, but said that could change and be day to day issue

Well hopefully it changes to day to day...

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I hope it will be day-to-day but I just want him back healthy and that he won't rush back before he's a 100% which I think he did last year after his off.season shoulder surgery when the rangers were struggeling and that resulted in two new injuries.

But wow at the rangers fans who are either happy or sad about this and the possibilty that he won't be in the line-up when the lightning will play at MSG. I'm sure it's not what he thinks about right now.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
That means Killorn won't be back until we return home and Callahan won't be back until Thanksgiving.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope it will be day-to-day but I just want him back healthy and that he won't rush back before he's a 100% which I think he did last year after his off.season shoulder surgery when the rangers were struggeling and that resulted in two new injuries.

But wow at the rangers fans who are either happy or sad about this and the possibilty that he won't be in the line-up when the lightning will play at MSG. I'm sure it's not what he thinks about right now.

Are Ranger fans chirping about this? They need to worry about their team and their injuries. This is by far a little speed bump from past Cally injuries.

That means Killorn won't be back until we return home and Callahan won't be back until Thanksgiving.

From what I hear worst case scenario Cally will be back end of next week. Will miss maybe 4 or 5 games. Not the end of the world. Best case scenario both are back this weekend. Cally only misses one game.

If anything Hedman will likely be back around Thanksgiving.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Hopefully Cally, Kill and Gudas are back for Fridays game, they are much needed. Aside from possibly Cally it sounds like the other guys will be ready.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Are Ranger fans chirping about this? They need to worry about their team and their injuries. This is by far a little speed bump from past Cally injuries.

From what I hear worst case scenario Cally will be back end of next week. Will miss maybe 4 or 5 games. Not the end of the world. Best case scenario both are back this weekend. Cally only misses one game.

If anything Hedman will likely be back around Thanksgiving.

That's pretty much what I've heard as well. We can expect Cally back soon, Killer soon, Heddy around Thanksgiving.

We'll be alright, just gotta be patient. Just be glad it's happening now and not later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad