Injury Report: Ryan Callahan (lower body)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Good sign there. Maybe Thursday or Saturday don't want him to rush back though.

Bryan Burns wrote this so he could be closer then we think.

Bryan Burns‏@BBurnsNHL
Cooper says Ryan Callahan has moved from week-to-week to day-to-day and said he'd be disappointed if he didn't play this week. #TBLightning

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bryan Burns wrote this so he could be closer then we think.

Bryan Burns‏@BBurnsNHL

Yeah it's a precaution thing I don't expect him to be hitting hard the first game back (who am i kidding this is ryan callahan) but as long as he is doing the offense part of his game should be fine.

He has not missed too much time so he does not need conditioning.

Like I said before want him back soon but he has to be 100 percent. I don't think this was a major injury but still need to be careful.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yeah it's a precaution thing I don't expect him to be hitting hard the first game back (who am i kidding this is ryan callahan) but as long as he is doing the offense part of his game should be fine.

He has not missed too much time so he does not need conditioning.

Like I said before want him back soon but he has to be 100 percent. I don't think this was a major injury but still need to be careful.

I agree. The thing about Cally is that he have always come back sooner than people think, like last season when he broke his thumb and they said he would be out 4 – 6 weeks, I think he was back in like 3 weeks, the guy is like Superman, but I’m not sure how good that is but if he is 100% healthy then it’s good that he works hard to get back. I think maybe Saturdays game against the Caps is a realitic game to expect him back, that way he will have a few more days to get 100% and get some more practise time In.

Edit:

Ok, So guess I’m not the only one who thought so:

https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO

Cooper says Callahan has been upgraded to day-to-day status after being labeled week-to-week, may be looking at possible Saturday return

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Some notes from Coop's presser this morning..
The 29-year-old Callahan won’t play tonight, but Cooper said he’ll be “bummed out” if Callahan doesn’t play this week – either Thursday night against the Flyers or Saturday against Washington.

“I would say if it was up to Ryan, he’d be playing tonight,” Cooper said. “But it’s not up to him. Our medical staff has got to clear a few hurdles.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad