Injury Report: Ryan Callahan (lower body)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Joe Smith says on twitter that both Cally and Killorn are still with the team so neither of their injuries at least require bedrest or hospital visits, at least not something that require having to spend time in a hospital bed which is good, seem to be injuries that will just have to heal themsleves which hopefully won't be to long.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Don't expect to see Callahan play in final two games of road trip #tblightning

https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith

I’m not surprised by this, I do think that when Cooper said week-to-week and then said that it could change to day-to-day that he might have been referring to a week from when he said it (that was Monday so on Monday that he could change then to day-to-day) so maybe he will be back for the Coyotes game or possibly the Caps game. Hopefully he won’t play until he’s 100% and then come back and keep the PPG thing he had going, going.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith

I’m not surprised by this, I do think that when Cooper said week-to-week and then said that it could change to day-to-day that he might have been referring to a week from when he said it (that was Monday so on Monday that he could change then to day-to-day) so maybe he will be back for the Coyotes game or possibly the Caps game. Hopefully he won’t play until he’s 100% and then come back and keep the PPG thing he had going, going.

Yeah looks like some time next week he will be back. Coop said it would need a week worst case. Rather him be 100 percent and continue his strong season.

Used to this crap following him with the Rangers, but this seems like a small bump in the road compared to what he went through last season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If it was gonna happen, it's good that it happened now. Opens up a legit scoring role for Connolly/Kucherov/RW to prove they can hang.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If it was gonna happen, it's good that it happened now. Opens up a legit scoring role for Connolly/Kucherov/RW to prove they can hang.

Yeah I agree, but Cally was also locked in and has been one of our best forwards, don't want him to miss too many more games. Thankfully this injury is minor and it won't effect his conditioning.

I really wanted him back this weekend. I do think Namestikov is going to be the odd man out when Killorn and Cally are both back. Kuch and Connolly have both earned a chance to stay, imo.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
What the hell is even wrong with him?

I don't know, Joe Smith posted this:

#tblightning Ryan Callahan said his lower body injury is "progressing like it should." Happened on "innocent play" Monday. Not timetable

I think it was in the video I posted on the first page when he and Drej battled for the puck along the boards with two oilers players and maybe his leg got caught somewhere and he hurt it but there is nbo word anywhere to what the injury was so it's all speculation.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What the hell is even wrong with him?

Lilkely pulled his leg, not knee. Whatever it is it seems minor.

for him to be skating only 4 days after the injury is a good sign. One full practice hopefully on Monday will be hopefully ready to go Tuesday or Thursday. I don't see him missing anymore than that.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean, the obvious reason is so the region isn't targeted when they get back in case they're not 100%.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
any more updates on Callahan?

any chance he plays Tuesday or Thursday?

Maybe Saturday, worst case next week, Lightning have 4 days off after Saturdays game which is enough time for him to get back in the line-up.

Cooper said has a little bit longer to go than Killorn and Brown, and those guys are expected to be back tomorrow.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good sign there. Maybe Thursday or Saturday don't want him to rush back though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->