Confirmed with Link: Ryan “Norris” Pulock 2 x 2

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I'm probably a little paranoid after johnny pajamas, but I'd rather not let my four main guys get even that close.
This isn't at all close to being UFA. To sign with another team, he'd either have to hold out for two years after this contract is up or sign an offer sheet which the Islanders could simply match. Worst case realistic scenario is that after this contract is up, he is only willing to agree to another 2 year contract, but that's still 4 years of play that we get, which is the same as signing him to a 4 year deal now. This gives us a better chance of getting more total years of play from him than a 4 or 5 year deal would, since we can negotiate a longterm contract with him as an RFA in two years rather than him being a UFA in 4-5 years.

I'm a little disappointed in the term, because now NYI is going to have to re-sign both Barzal and Pulock in one offseason.
Fair point, but we have tons of cap space now, so it won't be difficult to manage the cap with their raises in mind. We'll also have Martin and Greiss coming off the books, which is nearly 6 mil of dead space being freed up, so that'll help too.

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Even if Staple was there, I doubt we would be getting AAVs. Not releasing financials is one of new things that falls under Lamoriello's "cone of silence".

Eventually they will be leaked, but it's going to take a bit I think.

Speaking of Staple, I have not been impressed with the amount of articles he’s produced at the Athletic. I know he’s been uncensored, and I appreciate that, but he’s writing 1 every 5 days. I know it’s the offseason, but tell us about prospects’ training regimen or something.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I can see him playing with Hickey.

Leddy-Boychuk
Hickey-Pulock
Toews-Pelech
Mayfield

Three balanced pairs, one puck mover and one stay at home guy.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Hickey playing top-4 minutes again would be a mistake.

In order for this season to be a success two of Pulock, Toews, and Pelech need be quality top four defenseman while the remaining one is a solid bottom pairing guy who can slot up top four if needed.

Basically, we are about to see just how much our coaching has sucked the past decade.

Reactions: JKP and TommytheCat

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Steal of a deal

Does the AAV really matter? We are nowhere near the cap now and probably won't be next year either. He got what he basically should have on a bridge deal but if he ended up getting & AAV, would it really matter?

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
Does the AAV really matter? We are nowhere near the cap now and probably won't be next year either. He got what he basically should have on a bridge deal but if he ended up getting & AAV, would it really matter?

If we get someone substantial enough to put us near the cap ceiling and because of Pulock's 2 million AAV we were able to do it

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Hickey playing top-4 minutes again would be a mistake.

If/when Boychuk goes down they are looking at Hickey - Pelech as a top 4 pairing.

Need a trade to stabilize the backend badly. I get Trotz fixig the system and that helping overall, but if this team goes into the season with this D there is going to be period where the D really struggles. They need to be 100% healthy to be average.

I’m not even convinced our top pairing is up to par.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

My take to. I mean I guess you take a good deal when you get it but overall, no real benefits to the cap. Would have rather taken a chance longer term and save that way. Maybe Pulock wasn’t having it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad