Confirmed with Link: Ryan “Norris” Pulock 2 x 2

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
My guess is it is 1m year 1 and 1.5 year 2.

Player and agent probably did not want anything longer.

Also this is a new regime - Pelech and Mayfield long contract may not be Lou's pref.
Would guess close to 3 mil AAV for Pulock. His entry level deal was about 1.4 mil per year.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Bridge deal for Pulick. Lifetime deal for Scott Mayfield.

Yup, smart way to run a team. Thanks, Snow/Malkin/Ledecky
I doubt Pulock's camp was interested in the same deal as Mayfield got. Don't get why you would think they would be.

Smart that he's betting on himself here and believes he'll prove he's worth the big money contract in the next couple years.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm a little disappointed in the term, because now NYI is going to have to re-sign both Barzal and Pulock in one offseason.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Good job locking him up on a bridge. Very curious to see what his AAV ends up being. Who usually breaks that kind of info for you?

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
should have offered him 4 years 20 mil. even 5 years. I feel like Barzal, Pullock, Beau and Lee are the heart of the team we need to build around.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Garth Snow shouid have two tasks only as LLs lackey: negotiate with Chiarelli, ink Hammer like deals (that was a gem, Pulocks re-signing reminded me of this beaut of a signing).

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
should have offered him 4 years 20 mil. even 5 years. I feel like Barzal, Pullock, Beau and Lee are the heart of the team we need to build around.
But then would he have been a UFA at the end of a 4 or 5 year contract? With a 2 year deal, I think he may still be an RFA at the end. If so, you do the long-term lock-in deal at that time (if he deserves it).

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
But then would he have been a UFA at the end of a 4 or 5 year contract? With a 2 year deal, I think he may still be an RFA at the end. If so, you do the long-term lock-in deal at that time (if he deserves it).

I'm probably a little paranoid after johnny pajamas, but I'd rather not let my four main guys get even that close.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It was Staple, but with him no longer at Newsday I have no idea

Even if Staple was there, I doubt we would be getting AAVs. Not releasing financials is one of new things that falls under Lamoriello's "cone of silence".

Eventually they will be leaked, but it's going to take a bit I think.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

It doesn't even get leaked, it's a case it becomes public domain within something like 24-48 hours(which is why I don't get the logic of being silent about it in the first place)

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Even if Staple was there, I doubt we would be getting AAVs. Not releasing financials is one of new things that falls under Lamoriello's "cone of silence".

Lol, okay so we know-
Komarov- 4x12
Filppula- 1x2.75
Kühnhackl- 1x700k
Johnston- 4x1
Lehner-1x1.5

That cone of silence must be pretty porous

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It doesn't even get leaked, it's a case it becomes public domain within something like 24-48 hours(which is why I don't get the logic of being silent about it in the first place)

I didn’t actually know that, but it appears you are correct because Toews’ AAV is not on Capfriendly (it’s 700K btw).

Thanks.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lol, okay so we know-
Komarov- 4x12
Filppula- 1x2.75
Kühnhackl- 1x700k
Johnston- 4x1
Lehner-1x1.5

That cone of silence must be pretty porous

Looks like boredmale was correct. It becomes public after a specific amount of time. All I was saying was that the Islanders don’t release the number themselves.

You often hear the numbers shortly after, which i would think comes from the player agent, not the Islanders.

Also, why is everyone so snippy today?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I didn’t actually know that, but it appears you are correct because Toews’ AAV is not on Capfriendly (it’s 700K btw).

Thanks.

The players basically agreed to make their salaries public. the reason for doing this is it gives players a benchmark what they could ask for(ie imagine how screwed up salaries might be from one team to the next if nobody knew how much McDavid made for instance)

I am not sure what the exact rule(timeframe) for making them public is but generally you see cap sites getting salary figures within 48 hours of them signing(so I have to figure they know exactly where to get this public info and will post it as soon as they find out)

Reactions: seafoam

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Looks like boredmale was correct. It becomes public after a specific amount of time. All I was saying was that the Islanders don’t release the number themselves.

You often hear the numbers shortly after, which i would think comes from the player agent, not the Islanders.

Also, why is everyone so snippy today?
Not snippy, its 2018 the financials will be on a variety of websites pretty quickly after signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad