RW Wade Allison - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2016, 52nd, PHI)

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
For those that haven't seen the kid......

He is awesome working the boards (a trait that is not discussed enough but fans will love), he goes to the net, he finishes his checks, he blocks shots, he back checks (looking for turnovers). Tries to open up space for himself and team mates (great offensive awareness). His passes are crisp, he takes passes really well and oh yeah he has an awesome shot and release.. He's been impressive and all that while still not being in 100% game shape.

I bought the AHLTV package to watch Foerster, Wisdom and Allison... it's been worth every penny!

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Scored his 1st NHL goal yesterday.

I noticed something weird about his development. He produced 30 points in 22 NCAA games in 2017/18 and in 2018/19, his production halved in the same number of games. He bounced back the following year but that is quite the dip.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Scored his 1st NHL goal yesterday.

I noticed something weird about his development. He produced 30 points in 22 NCAA games in 2017/18 and in 2018/19, his production halved in the same number of games. He bounced back the following year but that is quite the dip.

Injuries slowed him down.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Did he have nagging injuries? Not the kind that you are out for a bit then you come back fully recovered?

It is incredible that he's playing in the NHL. He basically had to reconstruct his knee, twice I believe. The rehab caused cascading injuries.

I drafted him a few years ago in all my pools and had written him off. This season is a testament to his resolve and skill.

I think he communicated that by just riping his first NHL goal when a tap in would have more than enough.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and 42

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Did he have nagging injuries? Not the kind that you are out for a bit then you come back fully recovered?

He wasn't fully healthy during those seasons and missed a lot of time due to a big injury (out 17 months because he tore his ACL). It affected his play significantly.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and 42

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
It is incredible that he's playing in the NHL. He basically had to reconstruct his knee, twice I believe. The rehab caused cascading injuries.

I drafted him a few years ago in all my pools and had written him off. This season is a testament to his resolve and skill.

I think he communicated that by just riping his first NHL goal when a tap in would have more than enough.

Same, I had him and Laczinski and grew tired of waiting + Allison’s ACL surgery(s?) and dropped both at some point

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Had his first 2 goal game in the NHL!

Hell of a shot!

Bats this one out of mid-air

Has 5 pts in 12 games since being recalled. But 4 of them have come in his 3 game point streak. He has had the puck "following him around" every game but is finally putting some away.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
He's almost a cinch to be a full timer in the NHL next year. What's his likely spot in the lineup and what do you guys expect for production?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He's almost a cinch to be a full timer in the NHL next year. What's his likely spot in the lineup and what do you guys expect for production?
With the ED and a disappointing season...so likely changes, who knows for sure.

But Giroux, Couts, Konecny, Voracek, JVR, Farabee, Hayes are all better than him...or will play above him.

Then you have Lindblom, Frost, Patrick, Laughton and him battling for the 3rd line.

So he could be 3rd line...maybe 4th too if they play whoever is playing better at that time.

But until the ED and offseason moves are made, it's guesswork.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Always been a big fan of Allison, think he can be a legit 20 goal scorer in the league if he stays healthy.

Reactions: Tripod

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
With the ED and a disappointing season...so likely changes, who knows for sure.

But Giroux, Couts, Konecny, Voracek, JVR, Farabee, Hayes are all better than him...or will play above him.

Then you have Lindblom, Frost, Patrick, Laughton and him battling for the 3rd line.

So he could be 3rd line...maybe 4th too if they play whoever is playing better at that time.

But until the ED and offseason moves are made, it's guesswork.

I think he's a cut above that third line tranche. He also has the one-timer to earn powerplay time.

On the right side Konency, Voraceck, and likely Allison are all streaky players. I can see the three flipping around on any given night when they go cold. Allison will probably get 12 min on bad nights and 14-16 on good nights.

He brings so much energy and enthusiasm that he'll probably be played with better players to push the pace.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think he's a cut above that third line tranche. He also has the one-timer to earn powerplay time.

On the right side Konency, Voraceck, and likely Allison are all streaky players. I can see the three flipping around on any given night when they go cold. Allison will probably get 12 min on bad nights and 14-16 on good nights.

He brings so much energy and enthusiasm that he'll probably be played with better players to push the pace.
Agreed. But in that scenario, it leaves Giroux, JVR, Farabee, Lindblom on LW...maybe Laughton too.

And last year's Lindblom was better than this year's Allison.

Point is, I 100% see Allison as a top 9 player. The way he plays, he can play on any line. I just have no idea how things shake out with the ED and what moves the Flyers make because indications are, that changes will happen.

But Allison himself, he can be a 20+20 guy. He likes to shoot, we just need to put him with the right people, and in the right spot to do so(like not putting him as the net front guy like we did on the PP). Take advantage of his great shot.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Agreed. But in that scenario, it leaves Giroux, JVR, Farabee, Lindblom on LW...maybe Laughton too.

And last year's Lindblom was better than this year's Allison.

Point is, I 100% see Allison as a top 9 player. The way he plays, he can play on any line. I just have no idea how things shake out with the ED and what moves the Flyers make because indications are, that changes will happen.

But Allison himself, he can be a 20+20 guy. He likes to shoot, we just need to put him with the right people, and in the right spot to do so(like not putting him as the net front guy like we did on the PP). Take advantage of his great shot.

I loaded up on Allison in all my hockey pools the summer after he blew out his knee, (obviously under-estimated the injury). I did that because of his shot. When I saw him net front in the NHL I was very surprised. Can't wait to see him as a PP trigger man.

I think he can become a much more impactful player than Lindblom. I hope they let him play with a more offensive winger, like Farabee.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I loaded up on Allison in all my hockey pools the summer after he blew out his knee, (obviously under-estimated the injury). I did that because of his shot. When I saw him net front in the NHL I was very surprised. Can't wait to see him as a PP trigger man.

I think he can become a much more impactful player than Lindblom. I hope they let him play with a more offensive winger, like Farabee.
Maybe you forget, Lindblom was on a 30 goal, 49 point pace when he was diagnosed with cancer.

Allison will score more flashier goals with that shot. But Lindblom can be a big contributed if he rebounds. Having another offseason to train and recover from cancer should be huge for him.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Maybe you forget, Lindblom was on a 30 goal, 49 point pace when he was diagnosed with cancer.

Allison will score more flashier goals with that shot. But Lindblom can be a big contributed if he rebounds. Having another offseason to train and recover from cancer should be huge for him.

I know exactly what Lindblom did. I also loaded up on him in my hockey pools! Still stand by what I said.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Allison brings so much sandpaper and grit that the team severely lacked. I've loved his play so far. Scott Hartnell-esque. Just plain hard work and opportunistic.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Allison brings so much sandpaper and grit that the team severely lacked. I've loved his play so far. Scott Hartnell-esque. Just plain hard work and opportunistic.

I like the Hartnell comp. Hair isn't far off either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad