RW Wade Allison - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2016, 52nd, PHI)

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Figured it was about time for this riser in the 2016 Draft to get a thread. Wade Allison's a power forward committed to play for Andy Murray at WMU and led the USHL in playoffs goals en route to a championship with Tri-City. He's been streaking since Dec 1 with 36GP 22+19=41 to close the regular season and added 11GP 9+7=16 in the playoffs .. NBCNEB and via THN:
“I was battling small injuries, but I got those out of the way,†Allison said. “A lot has to do with confidence.â€

And when Allison is confident, he’s hard to stop. A small-town Manitoba farm boy, Allison grew up around cattle and crops and strength is a big part of his game now.

“I’m a power forward,†he said. “I take the puck to the net and take the body. I try to make the other team’s ‘D’ not want to go back to get the puck.â€

A Western Michigan commit, Allison is a nice coup for the Broncos and he’ll head off to Kalamazoo for 2016-17, where the allure of playing for coach Andy Murray was a big factor. The right winger has a lot of great traits in his game, but he’s not satisfied yet.

“I want to get 100 percent into the shotblocking lanes,†he said. “I seem to get half my body in there right now. That’s something we’ve been working on in practice.â€

Practice makes perfect and while Allison has made great strides as a player this season, he is still getting better. That’s great news for Tri-City now and Western Michigan in the future.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
I hold out some hope he decides to come home and play a couple seasons for Brandon...

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Very impressive playoff stats. Named playoff MVP, leading his team to a championship.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
To be fair, there are a bunch of big USHL forwards who had solid seasons.

Allison isn't unique. Carson Meyer and Alex Limoges are equally strong, possibly Walker Duehr as well, if not better. And that's just on Tri-City. Ross Colton is another kid. Matt Filipe too.

Good player, but like Cholowski, seems like people are making a big deal out of a redundant prospect.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I was hoping he'd fly under the radar and the Jets could grab him in the 4th or 5th round. With a playoff MVP, good speed, good hands, and an NHL frame I think he'll probably go in the 3rd or even late 2nd.
It's clear he's a goal scorer and those are tough to find.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I was hoping he'd fly under the radar and the Jets could grab him in the 4th or 5th round. With a playoff MVP, good speed, good hands, and an NHL frame I think he'll probably go in the 3rd or even late 2nd.
It's clear he's a goal scorer and those are tough to find.

I could see the Jets taking him around the third. He's got more than a few similarities with Erik Foley, who they made a nice pick of last year.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I could see the Jets taking him around the third. He's got more than a few similarities with Erik Foley, who they made a nice pick of last year.

Agreed. He's on par with Foley in terms of skill and a potential 3rd, but alas the Jets don't have a 3rd rounder this year.

Maybe the Jets can trade Stafford and pick up a 3rd + "X"?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Jets don't currently have a 3rd rd pick.

Allison might actually rise to the 2nd rd

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Really hope the Sens get this guy

Expecting him to be gone early in the 2nd. Kid is a huge riser. Has size, speed, great hands, fantastic shot and loves to play physical. He'll be an NHL player, and a good one at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad