RW Vitaly Kravtsov (2018, 9th, NYR; traded to VAN) Part2

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
He was invisible tonight besides falling down or losing his helmet.
yea cause asking him to play preseason hockey is like asking einstein to do long division. of course hes gonna show out in warmies but after that its ringturns and hangin at the far blue. was probably huffin darts between periods like zubov

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he's going to make the team, but he was pretty bad.

My biggest problem with Kravtsov is that he has never played up to his talent level. He has a lot of skill for his size and can skate pretty well also, but it always seems like the point totals are underwhelming.

Even if he makes the team, I'm not expecting more than like 20-25 points. If he hits his potential, I feel like it's going to happen in year 9 in the NHL, not right away.

• Haha
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
giphy.gif

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I think he's going to make the team, but he was pretty bad.

My biggest problem with Kravtsov is that he has never played up to his talent level. He has a lot of skill for his size and can skate pretty well also, but it always seems like the point totals are underwhelming.

Even if he makes the team, I'm not expecting more than like 20-25 points. If he hits his potential, I feel like it's going to happen in year 9 in the NHL, not right away.
The point totals have never been good. Ive said this before but he gained hype from a small crowd who gassed up a cherrypicked stat

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

But don't you ever forget Kravtsov contributed to the largest share of his team's goals after 25 games during his D+1 season, most legitest trackable stat known to man :sarcasm:

Completely agree. When you’re a top ten pick, you have to put up points. These types of arguments crafted around some obscure stat are not convincing. The KHL isn’t the NHL. He should be putting up points like the best wingers of the KHL the last 15 years, if he was on a good track to fulfill his draft status.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Kravtsov's NHL point totals weren't really anymore underwhelming than Kakko or Laff. They were just given more chances due to being top 2 picks.

If Kravtsov were given 2/3 full seasons he probably puts up at least equal point totals and potentially better than Kakko/Laf.

Not that equalling them is some amazing feat...but all 3 guys could be good by the time they are 24 years old. High expectations for really young guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad