RW Vitaly Kravtsov (2018, 9th, NYR; traded to VAN) Part2

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Bolded the guys Krav is better then

Podkolzin, ty smith, mcmicheal, Bouchard, broberg, Norris are all better than Kravtsov. How on earth is Kravtsov better than Norris and Bouchard

norris 61 points 56 games AHL
Bouchard 36 points 54 games AHL
Kravtsov 15 points 39 games AHL

Bouchard demolished Kravtsov in points being a D

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
you're delusional.

Podkolzin, ty smith, mcmicheal, Bouchard, broberg, Norris are all better than Kravtsov. How on earth is Kravtsov better than Norris and Bouchard

The debate we’re having here is the on the better prospect, not the better player right now. That’s what you stated initially. These players are still young enough where you can incorporate upside into your judgement.

There have been several prospects drafted over the past decade who displayed exceptional upside but simply required patience. Filip Forsberg, Denis Gurianov, and Timo Meier are all examples of highly drafted prospects that exhibited elite talent and needed to develop. Raymond, Rossi, and Holtz are probably a step up on Byfield right now, but you better believe Byfield is a superior prospect.

When Kravtsov puts it together he has potential to be a top player on the list you drew up. Upside > 20 year old development curve status.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Krav had a hard time adjusting to the AHL last year... He looks like a totally different player so far this year. Hes 100% better then Pod. Only one I'd say is debatable is Ty Smith anad maybe Broberg.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Jake bean? Owen Tippett???? Are you f***ing serious :laugh::laugh::laugh:

that list makes you look like someone who has a certain bias
Tippet was PPG in the AHL. How did Kravtsov do there again? I agree Bean sucks though.

Most teams have a prospect better than him. Which isnt a big knock, plenty of teams have 1 or two great prospects

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Krav had a hard time adjusting to the AHL last year... He looks like a totally different player so far this year. Hes 100% better then Pod. Only one I'd say is debatable is Ty Smith anad maybe Broberg.

Podkolzin plays for a good team with good players and gets 10-11 min/gp and no power play time. While Kravtsov gets 16-17 min/gp and plays on power play.

I don't blame Rangers fans for expecting him to be great, considering the draft pick they used to get him. But he was likely drafted a round or two early...maybe its better to view him as 3rd rounder who has exhibited some upside.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Podkolzin plays for a good team with good players and gets 10-11 min/gp and no power play time. While Kravtsov gets 16-17 min/gp and plays on power play.

I don't blame Rangers fans for expecting him to be great, considering the draft pick they used to get him. But he was likely drafted a round or two early...maybe its better to view him as 3rd rounder who has exhibited some upside.
This is such nonsense. Podkolzin has had problems scoring since his draft year. Swap their positions on different teams and Kravtsov will still be out producing him.
Also lol at the notion Krav should have been a 3rd round pick in 2018, Krav had a very strong draft year and D+1. Just because he had a turbulent d+2 where he had a hard time adjusting to life in NA suddenly makes him a "3rd round pick with upside". If you watched any of his KHL games this year you'd see he looks like a totally different player.

Last edited:

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
lol at the notion Krav should have been a 3rd round pick in 2018, Krav had a very strong draft year and D+1.

Did not say he should have been drafted in 3rd round.

maybe its better to view him as 3rd rounder who has exhibited some upside.

I said he should now be viewed as a 3rd rounder. I am saying lower expectations on him, give him time to develop .... as you would a European-based 3rd rounder. I think - because of his high draft position - he was rushed.

(and FWIW, if I redid his draft year, he would be ranked late 1st, early 2nd)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

I said he should now be viewed as a 3rd rounder. I am saying lower expectations on him, give him time to develop .... as you would a European-based 3rd rounder. I think - because of his high draft position - he was rushed.

I would put him 10-15 first round redraft not even counting how he started the KHL season. Looks completely different than last year. It’s so fluid with these prospects but yes I’ve been screaming it too let him develop another year or so in the KHL with no distractions

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I get this feeling that opposing fanbases are trying hard to diminish Rangers prospects because how highly they're thought of in that department. If someone say late 1st rounder MAYBE early 2nd rounder because you don't feel he's as good as others do, I'd buy it. GTFO here with this 3rd rounder, you look like a fool.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA

I'd love to hear who from Round 2 and beyond in 2018 you now have over Kravtsov. There isn't an argument for literally anybody besides Romanov. He's very easily still top 15 in a redraft, your bias is outrageous

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
I'd love to hear who from Round 2 and beyond in 2018 you now have over Kravtsov. There isn't an argument for literally anybody besides Romanov. He's very easily still top 15 in a redraft, your bias is outrageous

I haven't re-ranked this whole draft, but guys who were 2nd round or later...
Alexander Romanov
Scott Perunovich
Kirill Marchenko
Akil Thomas
Kevin Bahl
Jan Jenik
Tyler Madden
Alexander Khovanov
Ty Emberson

(1st rounders I'd probably take after him: O'Brien, Johansson, Beaudin)

So late 1st, early 2nd sounds about right

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Tippet had an outstanding first full year of pro hockey...he’s got some big goal scoring upside also. What’s so shocking?

I'm not huge on either of these guys, but based upon my viewings, I think I'd take kravtsov over tippett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad