RW Vitaly Kravtsov (2018, 9th, NYR; traded to VAN) Part2

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
OMG this thread is quickly becoming as unbearable as the Podkolzin thread.

Calm down, people. He is still a prospect. He was put in the perfect position(bad KHL team that needs him as a top liner) and doing good so far. It's not the end of the world, it's not salvation.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
He added an assist. His first of the season. He's not a sniper, despite what the stats on the season will say. He even said in a recent interview that he'd prefer to set up goals than score them.

IMO it’s good for playmakers to start shooting the puck more if they can’t find plays or if things just aren’t going. Make the other team respect your shot too and it opens some things up

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I wouldn't call it a "comeback" or "overcoming adversity" or any of that manufactured headline stuff. He was a young kid who had a rough few months. He learned a lot and now he's applying it. From a Rangers Fan POV it's better he has a consistent 10-12 year career and helps them to win a Cup as opposed to the being a one-hit wonder like Peter Prucha (well, maybe two years) and scoring 50 goals in your first two seasons and then being out of the league by your 6th year.

Rangers fans who aren't on here or for any fan of any team with any prospect has to remember the three year rule; the normal prospect outside of the top 2-3 are going to take at least three full seasons to reach the NHL and become full timers, and maybe another 1-2 to become significant parts of that team. Yes I know everyone is going to throw Robert Thomas or Sean Cotourier or whoever in my face but there will always be exceptions.

The 2012-13 lockout warped the league into rushing kids and it's been that way since. Not for the better.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Games against Amur are hardly showing anything right now, team is having some serious corona issues

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Just to clarify, my comments above were not aimed at @Ginger Papa in any way. I have friends who have given up on him already. They're butt hurt over Andersson and in the "modern NHL" two years is enough time which is BS.

They're not on hear and only follow the prospects via Twitter and the Beat Reporters so not as much 411.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Just to clarify, my comments above were not aimed at @Ginger Papa in any way. I have friends who have given up on him already. They're butt hurt over Andersson and in the "modern NHL" two years is enough time which is BS.

They're not on hear and only follow the prospects via Twitter and the Beat Reporters so not as much 411.
The intent of my Post was not to imply that this was a "Comeback", but I do see it as overcoming adversity. My primary aim was to address those who simply write off these young talents when they do not light the league on fire upon arrival.

I really respect your follow up and see us more similar than differing on our perspective.

Patience is hard. Self discipline is harder. Trusting in an organization to demonstrate both is something that not every NHL fan can do, IMHO. Hell, I fail at this more than I’d like to admit.

I respectfully suggest that this is one of those situations where the unorthodox route to extra development time will benefit both player and Team.

Thank you to @Pavel Buchnevich and @Roo Returns for your insights.

And now for something completely different
04B11468-3D33-4DC4-8A41-CA8C9EEAE736.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Roo Returns

twotonfrankie1

Sep 22, 2020
Damn, kid has really exploded early on in the season. Insane numbers, 6 goals in 7 games as a 20 year old is pretty damn incredible. Still early of course though.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Also, contrary to some takes here, Traktor is a really good team. Even last year they had a really good roster (hence didn't really make many changes) which bombed thanks to Skudra and Demchenko, mostly, but it doesn't really reflect on enviroment, budget or anything like that.

Kravtsov is definitely in a great position to succeed on a good team too.

twotonfrankie1

Sep 22, 2020
Also, contrary to some takes here, Traktor is a really good team. Even last year they had a really good roster (hence didn't really make many changes) which bombed thanks to Skudra and Demchenko, mostly, but it doesn't really reflect on enviroment, budget or anything like that.

Kravtsov is definitely in a great position to succeed on a good team too.
I don't know about "really good". I'd say they are a little better than average, but that is a lot better than the dumpster fire they were previously.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't know about "really good". I'd say they are a little better than average, but that is a lot better than the dumpster fire they were previously.
You are right but the KHL is kinda the league of two halves: contenders and the rest. Traktor belongs to "the rest" but they are best of that crop which does only place them at slightly above average but at the same time, they are a solid PO team.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
This is a kid who'd be most teams' #1 prospect, and here we are with Lafreniere and Kakko completely overshadowing him. What a blessing. Hope he can make it at the NHL level.

Most teams #1 prospect?? in what world LOL.

Anaheim- Zegras
LA - Turcotte, vilardi, Kaliyev
Carolina- Jake Bean
Habs- Romanov, caufield
Senators- josh norris
avalanche- Bowen byram
canucks- podkolzin
florida- Owen tippett, Spencer knight
knights- Cody Glass
wild- Kaprisov
New Jersey- Hughes, ty smith
red wings- seider
Edmonton- Broberg, Bouchard
toronto- Sandin
coyotes- Hayton, soderstrom
Buffalo- cozens
Dallas- Oettinger
San Jose- merkley
flames- valimaki
blue jackets- Foudy
Washington- mcmicheal
NYI- walshtrom

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City

Anaheim- Zegras
Carolina- Jake Bean
Habs- Romanov, caufield
Senators- josh norris
avalanche- Bowen byram
canucks- podkolzin
knights- Cody Glass
wild- Kaprisov
red wings- seider
toronto- Sandin
Buffalo- cozens
Dallas- Oettinger
San Jose- merkley
flames- valimaki
blue jackets- Foudy
Washington- mcmicheal
NYI- walshtrom

Off the top of my head, I'd rather have Kravtsov than Wahlstrom, Valimaki, Merkley, Oettinger, Cody Glass and the Florida prospects you mentioned.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Anaheim- Zegras
Carolina- Jake Bean
Habs- Romanov, caufield
Senators- josh norris
avalanche- Bowen byram
canucks- podkolzin
knights- Cody Glass
wild- Kaprisov
New Jersey- Hughes (not a prospect), ty smith
red wings- seider
toronto- Sandin
Buffalo- cozens
Dallas- Oettinger
San Jose- merkley
flames- valimaki
blue jackets- Foudy
Washington- mcmicheal
NYI- walshtrom
Bolded the guys Krav is better then

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Anaheim- Zegras
Carolina- Jake Bean
Habs- Romanov, caufield
Senators- josh norris
avalanche- Bowen byram
canucks- podkolzin
knights- Cody Glass
wild- Kaprisov
red wings- seider