RW Rocco Grimaldi - US NTDP, USHL (2011, 33rd overall, Florida) -religion factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
This isn't a thread to debate the merits of the NCAA vs. CIS vs. CHL. It's about Rocco Grimaldi. Any more off-topic thread hijacking on the subject will get an immediate infraction -- consider this your warning.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I really, really, really hope Nashville gets him. We need his talent, and the whole religious deal would go over amazingly with the typical nashvillian.

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
I think a lot of teams are also scared of his strong religious ties. You never know how that will play out in a locker room.

Personally, I'd have no issues with drafting him, but he doesn't fit with the Canucks current needs (especially considering we already have a small-ish team and our four top offensive prospects are far from being big or physical)

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
Being religious =/= wrong attitude.

It's being blown way out of proportion.

No but being a incredibly religious (check his twitter (or if you were in Minne, his tie)) might make it a bit of a locker room issue if you are pushing an agenda like his twitter does.

I guarantee that scared a team or two off. Size is another thing. Sure he has tons of skill but sometimes you are just too small.

I know there are exceptions to the rule. But, they are exceptions.

eberlehall*

How can the mods allow people to bash this guy just because of his religion?

When people did it about Kadri they were insta-banned....

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Being religious =/= wrong attitude.

It's being blown way out of proportion.

I did not say/mean just because he is religious, you can be religious and not be preachy or judgey, it seems that he might be that way though which affects his team.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I did not say/mean just because he is religious, you can be religious and not be preachy or judgey, it seems that he might be that way though which affects his team.

he didn't come off like that at all when he was interviewed at the draft, but then again that was only a 30 second interview. I think it is more likely his size that scared teams off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad