RW Rocco Grimaldi - US NTDP, USHL (2011, 33rd overall, Florida) -religion factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Honestly, I don't think it would be a problem. I think some GMs might though. Nothing wrong with a guy feeling strongly about his beliefs. It's not like he's gonna skip games for church or anything.

Stanley as in Cup

Jun 29, 2010
religion wouldn't be a cancer for sure. The way some religious people act might be a cancer. I don't know if Grimaldi falls into that category, probably GM's know better.

I can agree with that, but on here everybody is saying just cause he is religious.

avs1986

Feb 2, 2010
How so? Do you have proof that a particular God exists?

Please man, give it up. This is a hockey forum. As long as he's not calling guys out on their lifestyle choices, I see him bringing nothing but positive energy in the room.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Dedicating your life to something without any proof that it exists = ignorant

Drafting ignorant people = bad

Dedicating your life to upholding a high code of ethics = bad? I'm not religious at all, but I swear some people here are out to lunch. The league could use more people with moral conviction.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Please man, give it up. This is a hockey forum. As long as he's not calling guys out on their lifestyle choices, I see him bringing nothing but positive energy in the room.

Okay, I'll stop. And as long as he's bringing out positive energy, everything'd be fine, but I'm sure some of the GMs were worried about him trying to push his views on other people.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Really hate to say it but I truly think the overly religious attitude he has definately hindered his draft status.
He seems to outgoing with it...I bet a lot of GMs are worried what the locker room would be like

Probably something like this...

cerrano.jpg

Analyzer*

Did anyone see his interview on tsn ? Extremely skilled, worth a mid 2nd for sure, but he's such a tool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
That interview with TSN may have hurt his draft status. I wouldn't be surprised if teams caught wind of it during the 1st round, and if they didn't you can bet they will hear all about it before the start of the 2nd.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I don't mind him being very religious as long as he knows there is a line between trying to discuss your religion and being that annoying person that people hate. I haven't heard anything from teammates that would say that he is a bad guy at all. Personally I would be ecstatic if the Avs got him, Mueller is also a really religious guy (though his look at the last training camp resembles what I assume Lucifer would appear to people as).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Did anyone see his interview on tsn ? Extremely skilled, worth a mid 2nd for sure, but he's such a tool.

Wheres your God now ?

Why? He seems like a perfectly nice kid who has strong convictions. Just because you don't share beliefs doesn't make him a tool

MJB Devils23*

How did this thread turn into an Evolution vs Creationism debate?

TYayo

Sep 10, 2009
In other news Phoenix Coyotes are racing to get the first pick in the 2nd round. They have found a way to make all their money problems go away. Rooming Grimaldi and Bissonette during road trips.

TV deal already in place for a new era "The Odd Couple" tentatively name "Biz Nasty and the Midget Messiah"

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Dedicating your life to upholding a high code of ethics = bad? I'm not religious at all, but I swear some people here are out to lunch. The league could use more people with moral conviction.

Morality and the whole thing is subjective. I don't really see why drinking for example, as long is it doesn't hurt your play on the ice, is a bad thing. Same thing goes for sex before marriage.

He probably considers lots of things wrong that other people don't. Doesn't mean he is on a higher level of morality and a "better person" than other people. He only thinks he is.

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
There's a lot of really religious guys in the league that get along fine. If I recall Doan is a very religious man. The way his TSN interview went I thought he said all the right things. I'm sure it's hard for him getting asked about his religious views every interview.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Well, I have officially witnessed a religous debate on HF boards. Just when I thought I'd seen everything...

Oh, and props for the Midget Messiah comment :laugh:

Analyzer*

Why? He seems like a perfectly nice kid who has strong convictions. Just because you don't share beliefs doesn't make him a tool

He can believe in whatever he wants to, I don't have a problem with that.

What he went and said on tv is what makes him a tool. He may have said "People can do whatever", but you know he truly believes their mistakes and seems like he can't just let that go.

avs1986

Feb 2, 2010
Has anyone ever thought that maybe his positive energy created through his beliefs helped a 5'6 kid make it to the NHL?

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
He can believe in whatever he wants to, I don't have a problem with that.

What he went and said on tv is what makes him a tool. He may have said "People can do whatever", but you know he truly believes their mistakes and seems like he can't just let that go.

How do we know this? We're just going to assume the opposite of what he said for some random reason?

Arthur*

There's nothing wrong with being religious, and I'm sure at least a good 60% of the league practice some kind of faith, but being outspokenly judgmental over it is never a good sign. If a guy who does nothing but party is hard for a coach to handle, the guy who always calls out half the team on immoral behavior is probably just as divisive in the lockerroom. You could just tell during his interview when he let the word "mistakes" slip that he could be trouble.

I also think GMs were really scared off after Peter Mueller decided to up and join the clergy.

BaconStrips

Oct 22, 2005
In other news Phoenix Coyotes are racing to get the first pick in the 2nd round. They have found a way to make all their money problems go away. Rooming Grimaldi and Bissonette during road trips.

TV deal already in place for a new era "The Odd Couple" tentatively name "Biz Nasty and the Midget Messiah"

Nice.

Unrelated: I wonder if LA or CBJ is interested. You know, to help Richards or Carter "find their priorities."

Analyzer*

How do we know this? We're just going to assume the opposite of what he said for some random reason?

He said( though, not word for for word) that people who smoke and drink, and do stuff like that, that it's a mistake. Then realized what he said and corrected it. It's been said he preaches to his roommates and ****.

What would he do if Boudreau was his coach ? Is he going to break down and cry because Boudreau swears ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad