RW Niklas Nordgren - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2018, 74th, CHI)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
He's finally playing again. I believe today is the first time he plays since the injury that prevented him from going with U20 team.

Reactions: CLW

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Who did he piss off to get these constant injury issues this is beyond ridiculous

I don't think Nordgren has pissed somebody to get those injury issues.
He's small ( only 5'9 tall) player and really raw of his physicality and those repeating injuries doesn't help at all.
Yes Nordgren has talent to score lots of points and he's double threat ( goal scoring and playmaking abilities) in offense. But skating and physicality are holding him back.

It's possible Nordgren never make it NHL but i don't call him bust etc draft flop yet.
But those injury issues will be huge concern.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
You couldn’t translate that one sentence? Cmoon, most people here speak English as their first language. It’s a small effort.

Nordgren will miss the rest of the season. The article doesn’t say what the injury is.

It has to be that concussion which Nordgren got in Ilves game before world juniors in December.
But it could be something else as well Nordgren has had lots of injuries in his career.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
First men's SM liiga game for season 2019-2020 to Nordgren tonight vs Oulun Kärpät.
Nordgren plays HIFK's 3rd line with Micke Åsten and Michael Keränen.

Tonight's HIFK vs Kärpät game is TV game in SUB TV channel.
Live coverage of HIFK VS Kärpät starts 18:25 ( Finland's time )

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Passable men's SM liiga game for Nordgren tonight.
Nordgren had one very good scoring chance in 1st period
but this time he couldn't put puck in half empty net.

Overall game was OK no huge mistakes, no bad passes, no penalties.
Yes Nordgren didn't shine today but didn't disappoint either.
Nordgren got also few seconds icetime in powerplay.

It really showed during the game Nordgren has missed nearly 12 months for different injuries.
But passable start anyways.

Nordgren's total icetime today 12:01.
Final score 2-0 home win to HIFK

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I have Nordgren in the "believe it when I see it" category similar to Jake Wise who also has had injuries derail the last couple seasons. I'll lump Shalunov in there too although less so because of injuries. I'd be very surprised if any of those 3 ever play for the Hawks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad