RW Niklas Nordgren - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2018, 74th, CHI)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Speaking of things I don't understand, I don't get why this player is playing in ASM for the third season in a row. If he's not good enough for Liiga, he should be lent to a Mestis team. Last season he was at 1.5 PPG and the season before he already scored at a PPG pace there - He has nothing left to learn at the ASM level.

Reactions: Peeps

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Speaking of things I don't understand, I don't get why this player is playing in ASM for the third season in a row. If he's not good enough for Liiga, he should be lent to a Mestis team. Last season he was at 1.5 PPG and the season before he already scored at a PPG pace there - He has nothing left to learn at the ASM level.
Isn't he coming from an injury? Good to get some playing time somewhere. I think Mestis would be a better choice though.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Yes, this might just be out of caution

Nordgren is just returned from injury so i think coach Selin wants give him games with A juniors before Nordgren gets called up to HIFK's liiga roster. Of course HIFK can loan Nordgren to their mestis affiliate Jokipojat Joensuu but i doubt that.

Also HIFK was very strict with Nordgren's injury.
One nameless HIFK insider told in HIFK's facebook page HIFK's team doctor Petri Helenius had been ordered Nordgren total rest for 3 weeks to make sure he's fully recovered before he can start practicing with the team.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nordgren is just returned from injury so i think coach Selin wants give him games with A juniors before Nordgren gets called up to HIFK's liiga roster. Of course HIFK can loan Nordgren to their mestis affiliate Jokipojat Joensuu but i doubt that.
Oh yikes, that's HIFK's Mestis affiliate? Then I totally understand why he wouldn't play in Mestis. Why on earth would HIFK not pick a team that's closer?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Oh yikes, that's HIFK's Mestis affiliate? Then I totally understand why he wouldn't play in Mestis. Why on earth would HIFK not pick a team that's closer?

If you wanna know more why Jokipojat is HIFK's mestis affiliate go www.kamraatit.com click podcast number 65 and listen Tobias Salmelainen's interview.
This is all what i have to say in this off topic.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad