RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Slafkofield

Nov 5, 2018
I don't know what is happening with Scherbak he was such a promising propsect but it's like he stopped developing it's really sad to see almost all Montreal 1st round selections turn into fringe ahl/bottom 6 players

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I don't know what is happening with Scherbak he was such a promising propsect but it's like he stopped developing it's really sad to see almost all Montreal 1st round selections turn into fringe ahl/bottom 6 players
Bragin is really good at evaluating prospects. When he didn't take Scherbak to the WJC it was a major red flag.

Reactions: Vachon23

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Look at his stats
The only thing he did is improve

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Scherbak has been the definition of how not to develop talent, but the Habs have really struggled with developing players in the AHL over the last 6 years. Thankfully it only took management 6 years to fix their mistake so hopefully now that they have a new coach in the AHL they get better results. Hiring a new coach for the AHL that actually has experience as a head coach seems like a better idea.

But Scherbak has also had several major injuries, he's missed over a full year on AHL time in his first 3 pro years (knee, concussion and one more but I forget)

Reactions: Nick Slafkofield

Nick Slafkofield

Nov 5, 2018
right because the only 2 scenarios for a prospect is that either bust or he lights up the nhl
I get what you're saying, right now there is juste no way to tell if he is gonna bust but you have to admit that as awesome as he has been in the ahl we expected a little more in the big show. To me he seems to have an undeniable talent but his skating will prevent him to be the top 6 skillfull winger we expected from him (a la hudon)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
bragin is a dumb dinosaur. he's not good at evaluating prospects at all. and i was never high on scherbak either.
The dumb dinosaur has got every single player evaluation right so far. You can hate all you want.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
bragin is a dumb dinosaur. he's not good at evaluating prospects at all. and i was never high on scherbak either.

Bragin can be a dumb dinosaur tactically, but he’s very good at evaluating talent.

As for Scherbak, if I remember correctly, he made Bragin’s shit list for choosing not to attend U20 summer camp. Bragin gave him a second chance at the Subway Series, where Scherbak was rather mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad