RW Nikita Scherbak - Traktor Chelyabinsk, KHL (2014, 26th, MTL; claimed by LAK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Must be quite a shock to report to 1) Izhevsk; 2) the last team in the conference. And with that term and money, it's hard to believe anyone else will take him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Must be quite a shock to report to 1) Izhevsk; 2) the last team in the conference. And with that term and money, it's hard to believe anyone else will take him.

that could be just want he needs, I have seen a ton of him and I think any coach that plays him in a 4th line role is just wasting his time as this kid is not the brightest or hardest worker but is a heck of a playmaker. I only saw him twice in the KHL and he barely played so might as well go somewhere that will hopefully play him and put him on a line with a sniper.

The sad part is his coach with Omsk was said by Scherbak to be trying to bring him over last year, did he not watch the kid in the AHL and NHL as his game has been the same. Of course perhaps Bob Hartley wasn't too happy with the comments Scherbak made about the coaching he got in the AHL and NHL since i'm sure he is friends with some of them.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
What does him being a vegan have to do with hockey?

Going vegan and publicly announcing this is a typical Scherbak thing, judging by his previous interviews.
And doing that as a very underperforming player is an icing on the cake.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
You must be really young then
That was a joke. I wouldn't do a damn thing that I genuinely dislike just to please anyone in this world. There's a good possibility that Scherbak actually likes being a vegan so no big deal about it. This whole convo was just in good fun.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Back from the dead (Russia). 9 points in 9 games for the Texas Stars and looking good. Perhaps a little more mature, he may get another chance at the NHL at the ripe ol' age of 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad