RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He is below PPG right now. So I don't know where your 90pts come from.
He is 19 and he is on double the pace compared to last season's. Unless the kid is an exception to the rule, 3rd pro season is where players start to perform in the ballpark of their career PPG. Take a look at top scorers in today's NHL not named McDavid. Who of those approached their prime scoring pace before the 3rd season, not even talking about before they turned 20?

Again, you are just showing you have absolutely unreasonable expectations for what the kid should do before he is even 20. Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Rantanen, MacKinnon, Huberdeau, Barkov.. How long did it take to get going? Svechnikov and his 70 point pace is well ahead of those already and it's definitely unreasonable to think that's where he caps out. In the entire top-15 of NHL scoring, only McDavid and Kane are the exceptions to this development ark.

Reactions: Flynn84

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Pity, Michkov and Miroshnichenko aren't on the U17 team, that will play at 5 Nation tournament in Ufa in February 5-9. I think, they are already good enough to play with this age.

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
My last name is Filatov and I am happy to admit that Nikita was failing regardless of where he played.

You have to be nuts if you think Svech would have developed better in Russia than he’s developed with the Canes. His improvement has been exponential. There’s an argument to be made he’s the most improved player in the league.
Yes you are right. But his big improvement is also cause he is one of the most players as well.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Pity, Michkov and Miroshnichenko aren't on the U17 team, that will play at 5 Nation tournament in Ufa in February 5-9. I think, they are already good enough to play with this age.
They are, but they are coming back from a tournament. There is no merit in plugging them into every roster avaiable. They have plenty of U17 time ahead of them.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
My last name is Filatov and I am happy to admit that Nikita was failing regardless of where he played.

You have to be nuts if you think Svech would have developed better in Russia than he’s developed with the Canes. His improvement has been exponential. There’s an argument to be made he’s the most improved player in the league.
that's an outright lie. the canes has nothing to do with his development. i would say they did all possible to stunt it by forcing him to play with grinders on the fourth line. it shows how good he is to have been able to overcome all that adversity.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
that's an outright lie. the canes has nothing to do with his development. i would say they did all possible to stunt it by forcing him to play with grinders on the fourth line. it shows how good he is to have been able to overcome all that adversity.
And young players in Russia don't play on the 4th line? Please...

Regarding Michkov, Atas is right on this one, those guys are still kids, they have families to be with and schools to go to, no point to pull them out of their routine every month to play some meaningless games.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Well at the moment he is pretty much on the path to being ~90 point player which, in his prime, would easily put him in top-10 of NHL forwards. But that's evidently "behind projection". So I don't know, if you expect every Russian 1st rounder to be McDavid, maybe your projection is the problem?
Svechnikov is more talented than Malkin and Ovechkin were at his age. Anything less than being a top 3 player in the world would be a failure for him.

Reactions: ClarkBolzano

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Svechnikov is more talented than Malkin and Ovechkin were at his age. Anything less than being a top 3 player in the world would be a failure for him.

Did he have better stats? Or did he won any title as a leader of his team?

He is super talented guy, but nothing close to Malkin and Ovechkin who are the most talented players of this century with Crosby and Mcdavid

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Did he have better stats? Or did he won any title as a leader of his team?

He is super talented guy, but nothing close to Malkin and Ovechkin who are the most talented players of this century with Crosby and Mcdavid
Malkin and Ovechkin both started the NHL later than Svechnikov. So we will see. If Svech next season is able to dominate the league in a similar way what Ovechkin did with 20,then who knows.

Reactions: 13 others

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
lol

Based on what? Svechnikov scored 7 points in 9 games at 16 in U18 WJC, Ovechkin completely dominated it with 18 points in 8 games. But somehow Svech was more talented? Why do you think people are stupid enough to believe any nonsense you say?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Someone create a thread about Svechnikov titled “The ruining of Andrei Svechninov: The most talented player on Earth has development stunted by Hurricanes terrible decision”. Good luck on the responses there.

This is the Michkov thread.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

How is an opinion an outright lie? Don’t troll me.

Most young stars in the league play down the lineup protected. Hughes and Kakko have done it all year. There have been a few talents who have come through this league that dragged through 3rd/4th linemates on the way to point per game seasons. Svechnikov wasn’t one of them, although he had a great developmental year. This year proves that. Michkov likely won’t be at the level either, but it’s too early to tell.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
How is an opinion an outright lie? Don’t troll me.

Most young stars in the league play down the lineup protected. Hughes and Kakko have done it all year. There have been a few talents who have come through this league that dragged through 3rd/4th linemates on the way to point per game seasons. Svechnikov wasn’t one of them, although he had a great developmental year. This year proves that. Michkov likely won’t be at the level either, but it’s too early to tell.
I fully disagree with everyrhing you have said. Let's leave it at that. Heed to your own advice. This thread is about Michkov, not Svechnikov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Played along with Kvochko for... women's Team Russia against men's U16 team, still didn't save them, as FHR site says, U16 kids beat women "confidently".

vvann

Jan 29, 2020
Michkov was magical at times today. Also he was very determined not to let the other team score when he's on ice (it was even funny).

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's a kid, who's great in hockey not because of he's big or super physical, but out of his pure talent, Kane-Panarin-Kucherov type of a player, but probably with even bigger talent... at least, it looks like so far. None of those superstars dominated his peers as hard as Michkov does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad