RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Panarin is right handed, so it's not exact, but a lot of the same skills. I think Panarin is a better skater, as well.

Michkov is going to be a better stickhandler, than Panarin. He reminds me Datsyuk actually.

Also, considering all his scoring records, he'll probably be a better scorer.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Michkov should be trained to play centre while there's still time. Russia has a glut of talented wingers and not nearly enough centres.

Reactions: DivochLubo

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
Michkov should be trained to play centre while there's still time. Russia has a glut of talented wingers and not nearly enough centres.

I believe his skill and intelligence will be fine for center. May be Miroshnischenko as well, he did good job at PK and backchecking.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
He reminds me of Patrick Kane. A bit early to call the kid a generation winger, but hey - you never know.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Only those Russians like Panarin who don't show exceptional potential as teenagers have a chance to become superstar players because they will not move to North America until they are over 20.

Those Russian kids like Michkov who show great promise at 15-16 are doomed to fail.

Reactions: kp61c

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Svechnikov would be better now had he stayed in Russia for one or two more seasons.

And why not ask "just like Kabanov/Grigorenkov/Yakupov" instead?
Because you act like you see the future, I don't. Svechnikov is the best example how unnecessary and how garbage some of your predictions are. Completely redundant.

The kid is doing great and yet you are crying already. Pathetic.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Only those Russians like Panarin who don't show exceptional potential as teenagers have a chance to become superstar players because they will not move to North America until they are over 20.

Those Russian kids like Michkov who show great promise at 15-16 are doomed to fail.
Well, Filatov would be a counter example

DivochLubo

Feb 28, 2007
I believe Lokomotiv is working fine with youngsters, giving them some ice time on KHL team , so I hope he stayed there for long.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Well, Filatov would be a counter example

My last name is Filatov and I am happy to admit that Nikita was failing regardless of where he played.

You have to be nuts if you think Svech would have developed better in Russia than he’s developed with the Canes. His improvement has been exponential. There’s an argument to be made he’s the most improved player in the league.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
My last name is Filatov and I am happy to admit that Nikita was failing regardless of where he played.

You have to be nuts if you think Svech would have developed better in Russia than he’s developed with the Canes. His improvement has been exponential. There’s an argument to be made he’s the most improved player in the league.
LOL His development is behind projection.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well at the moment he is pretty much on the path to being ~90 point player which, in his prime, would easily put him in top-10 of NHL forwards. But that's evidently "behind projection". So I don't know, if you expect every Russian 1st rounder to be McDavid, maybe your projection is the problem?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Svechnikov has the 4th best 19yo scoring pace since Jagr in 91-92. The players who posted a higher ppg?

McDavid
Crosby
Stamkos

That’s it. Get real. He’s ahead of schedule.

Reactions: Flynn84

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Svechnikov has the 4th best 19yo scoring pace since Jagr in 91-92. The players who posted a higher ppg?

McDavid
Crosby
Stamkos

That’s it. Get real. He’s ahead of schedule.
Those are exactly the players he should be on par with. He is below PPG right now. That's where(PPG) I expected him to be at least if everything works out as planned.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well at the moment he is pretty much on the path to being ~90 point player which, in his prime, would easily put him in top-10 of NHL forwards. But that's evidently "behind projection". So I don't know, if you expect every Russian 1st rounder to be McDavid, maybe your projection is the problem?
He is below PPG right now. So I don't know where your 90pts come from.

I don't expect russian first rounders to compete with McDavid, I expect the one Russian that was projected to be in McDavid's tier to compete with McDavid.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Those are exactly the players he should be on par with. He is below PPG right now. That's where(PPG) I expected him to be at least if everything works out as planned.

Who planned what? You? Enjoy Disneyland.

Back to the outstanding kid Michkov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad