RW Matthew Coronato - Calgary Wranglers, AHL (2021, 13th, CGY)

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
DeBrincat comparison ain't even bad one. I would happily take a guy who can score 30-40 goals in a season on avarage.

Reactions: Boomstick

Khall9

Apr 28, 2021
Steve Kournianos of TheDraftAnalyst.com gave a great break down on USHL star Matthew Coronado. Coronado scored 48 goals last year in 51 games for the Chicago Steel this past season and has elite speed. He should be picked in the top 15, but I think this kid is going to be a really solid NHL player. Check out the clip and the full episode to hear more great breakdowns.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
CORONADO is a city in California and Spanish word for crowned

Matthew CORONATO is a hockey player and should be 3rd or 4th winger off the board after Eklund, Guenther.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
His progression has been fantastic. Bulldog of a player who continues to get better. Excited to see how he does at Harvard and the WJC this season.

Fire Treliving

Jan 11, 2014
Hopefully he works out better for the Flames than the jerk (to put it lightly) we last drafted from Harvard.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Thread title says LW but he was interviewed after the draft and he says he plays all three fwd positions and has no preference. He's a RHS.

Happy Calgary picked him.He was #1 on my list after all previous picks (#1-11) had been made by other teams. The kid is probably the best shooter in the draft and from all accounts a real bull dog that doesn't give up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thread title says LW but he was interviewed after the draft and he says he plays all three fwd positions and has no preference. He's a RHS.

Happy Calgary picked him.He was #1 on my list after all previous picks (#1-11) had been made by other teams. The kid is probably the best shooter in the draft and from all accounts a real bull dog that doesn't give up.

I don't see him playing center. I don't think it matters where you have him on the wing. He drifts to find space in dangerous areas, so his game isn't based on starting on the left or on the right.

Reactions: L13

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Love it. Have you followed him in his USHL seasons?
To be fair, I'm a nobody and for all I know he could do absolutely nothing in the NHL :laugh: I'm only going off of the video that anyone else can watch and various scouting reports, but I really, really like what I see and read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad