RW Matthew Coronato - Calgary Wranglers, AHL (2021, 13th, CGY)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
52 goals, 92 points (54 games), +41 (combined) already this season,
in the USHL, in his draft year, as a 17 & 18 year old.

Wish Hawks drafts him in the 1st round.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Only 5 goals short from 60 goals, total, this season.
Also, 5 points shy of 100 points, total.

Top 10 pick, but probably goes something like 20 or lower :( .

His goal last night was an empty-netter.

I think Coronato is a great prospect and the production is really impressive, but sometimes you've got to look at the "how" and not the "how many."

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wonder if Montreal scouting him extra with Farrell there. Likely going to be available at their pick.

his team was the team to scout from the USHL as they could of had 2 1st round picks if not for Samoskevich's injury. Plus they have Ufko who should be highly sought after. Doan likely gets picked after being passed over last year. I wouldn't mind if the Habs took Jack Bar who is headed to Harvard with Farrell and Coronato.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Yes i know that his last one was empty netter, i saw that, but his 6 previous play-offs goals were not empty netters..

Sure, but when you update his goal totals without context people would expect that he's scored a meaningful goal, which he didn't.

Coronato played well last night, but the goal wasn't really a factor in that.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
After their promising 2019-20 season was cut short due to COVID-19, the Chicago Steel came back with a lineup that was just as strong or stronger this year, despite losing some of their top players. Forward Matthew Coronato was a huge part of the success, moving up to the top line. He scored 48 goals and 37 assists for 85 points in 51 games this year. Coronato led the league in goals and plus/minus. He has added seven goals and 10 points in six playoff games, helping the Steel to the Clark Cup Final. The series is currently tied at a game a piece.

In 2019-20, Coronato was a productive rookie despite not getting as much ice time as he would get this season. A third-round pick in the 2019 USHL Draft, he put up 18 goals as well as 22 assists for 40 points in 45 games. Coronato was also named to the USHL Second All-Rookie Team.

Coronato will attend Harvard University next season. He will have some familiar company with linemate Sean Farrell also headed to Harvard. Should he change his mind, his OHL rights are owned by the Barrie Colts.

2021 NHL Draft #14: Matthew Coronato Scouting Report

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Play-offs, Clark Cup finals MVP right here!.
Change My Mind.

9 goals, 13 points in 7 play-offs games.

"vintage" Coronato goal.

another "vintage" goal ala Coronato, what an effort for his 2nd of the game!

Last edited:
Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
After their promising 2019-20 season was cut short due to COVID-19, the Chicago Steel came back with a lineup that was just as strong or stronger this year, despite losing some of their top players. Forward Matthew Coronato was a huge part of the success, moving up to the top line. He scored 48 goals and 37 assists for 85 points in 51 games this year. Coronato led the league in goals and plus/minus. He has added seven goals and 10 points in six playoff games, helping the Steel to the Clark Cup Final. The series is currently tied at a game a piece.

In 2019-20, Coronato was a productive rookie despite not getting as much ice time as he would get this season. A third-round pick in the 2019 USHL Draft, he put up 18 goals as well as 22 assists for 40 points in 45 games. Coronato was also named to the USHL Second All-Rookie Team.

Coronato will attend Harvard University next season. He will have some familiar company with linemate Sean Farrell also headed to Harvard. Should he change his mind, his OHL rights are owned by the Barrie Colts.

2021 NHL Draft #14: Matthew Coronato Scouting Report

If he continues to play like this, continues to develop his game, physicality in the off-season..
NHL is the next address for him, i predict.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
3 goals shy of a 60 goal, 2 points shy of 100 point season...draft season, as a 17-18 year old, in the USHL.
Broken already many USHL, Chicago Steel records this season...bonkers!.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad