RW Martin Kaut (2018, 16th, COL)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's still perplexing that people aren't even ranking him in the first round. I assume that'll change once we get to the draft and everyone finalizes their rankings.
him or Wise at that Preds pick we got would look great..likely have to move up a few picks to get this kid, but I like what I have seen from him and look forward to his play the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
him or Wise at that Preds pick we got would look great..likely have to move up a few picks to get this kid, but I like what I have seen from him and look forward to his play the next 2 weeks.
Yeah probably will have to move up for Kaut, but I feel Wise will be there for us.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Never realized that Kaut and Zadina actually played together last year both in Czech juniors and in the Czech men's league. They had very similar numbers too:

Kaut in U20: 22 GP, 4G, 12A, 16P
Kaut vs men: 26 GP, 0G, 1A, 1P
Kaut U18 NT: 27 GP, 10G, 18A, 28P

Zadina in U20: 20 GP, 9G, 9A, 18P
Zadina vs men: 25 GP, 1G, 1A, 2P
Zadina U18 NT: 22 GP, 20G, 11A, 31P

Really insignificant difference in production in the Czech leagues. Slightly more in international play. I think it partially shows how underrated Kaut has been this year and that he probably should've been considered as a late 1st rounder at the very least at the start of the year but I don't think even heard about this guy until the WJC and even then there wasn't that much talk about him and certainly not as a 1st rounder. Very interesting. I wonder how high his draft stock would've been had he come over to Brandon and the Wheat Kings in the WHL.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Never realized that Kaut and Zadina actually played together last year both in Czech juniors and in the Czech men's league. They had very similar numbers too:

Really insignificant difference in production in the Czech leagues. Slightly more in international play. I think it partially shows how underrated Kaut has been this year and that he probably should've been considered as a late 1st rounder at the very least at the start of the year but I don't think even heard about this guy until the WJC and even then there wasn't that much talk about him and certainly not as a 1st rounder. Very interesting. I wonder how high his draft stock would've been had he come over to Brandon and the Wheat Kings in the WHL.
He'd be considered as a top 10 pick if he had CHL exposure.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He'd be considered as a top 10 pick if he had CHL exposure.

I think so too, but as Wooren said, playing in the Czech league was probably better for his long-term development so I don't mind it really. Draft stock doesn't mean anything in the long run, which is a mistake I feel a lot of young russians make. They come over to North America in hopes of getting noticed by scouts but doesn't realize that it really doesn't matter because in the end if you develop into a good player NHL teams will come calling. So good on Kaut for staying in the Czech league and getting minutes against men.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
The Hockey News is reporting that he has been sent home from the combine with a heart problem. Anybody have any more info?
From prospect news to testing changes, what we learned from the 2018 Scouting Combine | The Hockey News
Yeah, Kaut was sent home due to a slight heart problem worry when checking in to test. It was dealt with quickly and nothing to worry about, having no lasting implications on his future. Niklas Nordgren also was ill and missed some time but did complete some tests.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015

Lets just keep in mind that the difference in their international production, when prorated to a full season, is the difference between Nick Backstrom and Justin Williams this year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I tend to agree with you but I've seen a couple of games (against men) where he's been muscled off the puck a lot and a little too easily. So there is definitely room for improvement there.

Against men though. He's a bit young. Compared to his peers though he's just fine.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I hope there are no issues coming from his heart problem. Unless teams can check him out, he could slide

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lets just keep in mind that the difference in their international production, when prorated to a full season, is the difference between Nick Backstrom and Justin Williams this year.

Yeah, I was gonna say that the difference in production is actually pretty significant.

JayHockey

Mar 19, 2015
I mean, Kaut is maybe more ready than Kravtsov, but his heart problem and the sky high potential of Kravtsov may play in favor of the Russian at the end of the day. A few years of patience can pay with Kravtsov, but how much?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad