RW Martin Kaut (2018, 16th, COL)

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
I think he is 11th pick. Carolina could pair Kaut with Necas--not only because they have chemistry but it is surely easier for these young men to have someone who speaks their language. Currently I don't think Carolina has any Czech players other than Necas. The one thing I see is them trading the 11th to get a pick around 20. But that could backfire as another team might be seeing what everyone in this thread sees.

Would be great if they won 3rd overall and drafter Zadina and than Kaut in second round...would be nice to have line for national team that plays together whole year. :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
After this performance in playoffs I would be very surprised if he doesn't go in the first round. Honestly, I don't think it's possible at all.

Great display against really strong Trinec team.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
After Pardubice ended up in the playoffs, Kaut has been nominated for a senior national team. This is the first stage of preparation for the World Championship. On 4 and 5 April, the national team will play two preparation matches against Switzerland.

Last edited:

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
Would be great if they won 3rd overall and drafter Zadina and than Kaut in second round...would be nice to have line for national team that plays together whole year. :)
He's a 1st rounder on 100% of mock drafts , he'll go between 16-24 in my opinion but don't think there is anyway he's available in the low 30's .

Christien

May 1, 2010
Thought he stood out at the last WJC and had a feeling he could push to be a first rounder. Happy to see him pouring it on

Reactions: Tryamkin

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
After Pardubice ended up in the playoffs, Kaut has been nominated for a senior national team. This is the first stage of preparation for the World Championship. On 4 and 5 April, the national team will play two preparation matches against Switzerland.
Martin Kaut with two assists (second was primary, PP) in his debut for the senior national team, Czechs won 5:2.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I think this guy deserves top 10 consideration, he's had as impressive of a season as any of the top forwards IMO.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
He score his first goal in national team today. He really gets better and better every game, was one of best players on the ice in both games vs Switzerland.

Reactions: czech and Pixie

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
Martin Kaut with two assists (second was primary, PP) in his debut for the senior national team, Czechs won 5:2.
And in today’s CZE 4:1 win, Kaut registered his first goal (nice backhand) in senior national team and had another very good chances.

Reactions: Maluk11

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
another guy that is no longer under the radar. was hoping he would be there at 25-30 or early second round. Doesn't look like thats gonna happen. Maybe he goes in the mid 20's at worst

Brian Fogarty

@hockey_prophets
Apr 29, 2011
hockeyprophets.com
For the record, I currently have Kaut at 25 on my draft ranking. I wish he was a bit faster, but I like the way he plays. A direct style of game with a lot of skill and good awareness on the ice. There's a chance he ends up in the top 20 on the final Hockey Prophets list, especially if he ends up in the World Championships and we get to see him play and excel on that stage.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
For the record, I currently have Kaut at 25 on my draft ranking. I wish he was a bit faster, but I like the way he plays. A direct style of game with a lot of skill and good awareness on the ice. There's a chance he ends up in the top 20 on the final Hockey Prophets list, especially if he ends up in the World Championships and we get to see him play and excel on that stage.

Really? I don't have any issue with his skating at all. He's a pretty powerful skater actually and has surpisingly good edgework and agility for a bigger guy. Maybe he could work on his first two steps but it's really not a big deal because once he gets going he picks up speed fast. I've seen him do some incredible backchecks where he closes in on a guy from very far away. He's fast.

Brian Fogarty

@hockey_prophets
Apr 29, 2011
hockeyprophets.com
Really? I don't have any issue with his skating at all. He's a pretty powerful skater actually and has surpisingly good edgework and agility for a bigger guy. Maybe he could work on his first two steps but it's really not a big deal because once he gets going he picks up speed fast. I've seen him do some incredible backchecks where he closes in on a guy from very far away. He's fast.

Agility and balance are good, and his ultimate speed is fine. His first few steps are sluggish, though. I'm not saying he's slow, by any means, and his skating is good enough for him to be an NHL player, no question. I have him as roughly above average to very good. If he was a better skater, though, he'd be higher on my list than he already is.

Reactions: Zaddy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Martin Kaut continues in the productivity on the senior international stage. In four games against Switzerland and France, he gained 6 points (1+ 5) and today against Finland he got a primary assist on the GWG on the PP, when the Czechs defeated Finland 3:1.

Hope he makes the national team and hope he gets taken in round 1.. it'd be great to have 2 first rounders in back to back years. Also, if he gets taken later in first round he might go to a good team!

Pixie

Nov 24, 2017
Czech Republic
Hope he makes the national team and hope he gets taken in round 1.. it'd be great to have 2 first rounders in back to back years. Also, if he gets taken later in first round he might go to a good team!
I also hope he makes WCH team. I think it's quite likely that he gets taken in first round.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
There are still several lists that he is not in Top 30... Button's last list, Sportnets list and McKenzie's rankings ... He will be the steal of the 2nd round if not but I'd like to see first round anywhere.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I can see it sort of, he has bit more of a speedy style to his game though. I’ve never seen young Hossa play so I don’t know if was that speedy.
Yeah I'm not familiar with Hossa when he was young, but Kaut plays a similar two way game. Hard forechecking and backchecking. Strong physical play too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad