Value of: RW Mark Stone

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I believe Stone will want out of Ottawa it a deal isn’t reached before his arbitration hearing. What would your team offer for him?

They’re not trading him before the hearing

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well not much his value really dropped during the Erik Karlson Mike hoffman stuff. LMAO

No it didn’t. If anything it’s dropped because he may not want to sign for more than one year, but that won’t be the case until August third at the earliest. The Karlsson/Hoffman situation has absolutely nothing to do with Stone’s value.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, he’ll be on a one year contract for whatever the amount he’s awarded.

Oh I misunderstood as Ottawa trying to trade him before arbitration.

Yeah, in that case I’d imagine Ottawa tries to find a deal for him next season.

Wouldn’t offer much though, Zucker and a minor + but Ottawa fans already resoundingly declined that deal.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Oh I misunderstood as Ottawa trying to trade him before arbitration.

Yeah, in that case I’d imagine Ottawa tries to find a deal for him next season.

Wouldn’t offer much though, Zucker and a minor + but Ottawa fans already resoundingly declined that deal.
That’s not the kind of return that we should be looking for. Pass.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
For what reason? They dont have a first next year. Tanking is counter productive at this point.

Embrace the tank when they don’t even own their 1st draft pick?

Not an ideal situation, but I think they should trade Stone, Duchene, and Karlsson before the season starts to get max value. At this point they aren’t getting their first back, but it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t trade off assets for maximum value.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Hard to tell what his value is. I would have thought it would bere higher than Karlsson's but now that he's days away from arbitration (that would bring him to UFA) I'm not so sure.

I think Vegas makes a lot of sense for him, what the return would be I'm not sure. I imagine we'd target similar pieces as in a Karlsson trade, although in this case, it would be more important to return an NHL-ready forward rather than an NHL-ready D. Ideally, we would get both.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd offer Colorado 1st + Connor Timmins + Igor Shvyryov for Stone, and hope to sign him long term in the 7.5-8.5M range.

Not sure that gets it done but wouldn't go any higher for Stone. I know some Avs fans that would give Ottawa there 1st + back but IMO that's a stupid price to pay. Especially if it does become clear that Stone essentially wants out further worsening the Sens roster next season and increasing the value of that 1st round pick.

Reactions: pockets

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not an ideal situation, but I think they should trade Stone, Duchene, and Karlsson before the season starts to get max value. At this point they aren’t getting their first back, but it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t trade off assets for maximum value.

Price now is likely no different than at the deadline. And if it is, at least the Sens will have a half a seasons worth of some decent players to make a respectable chance of not finishing in the bottom 5 and not giving up that in addition to what they already have for Duchene.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I was literally coming to post this thread but not as crap.

Sens offered 5 mill stone wants 9 i think he ends up 7.5 and leaves after this season.

Kane got 7 stone gets 5 lol. God damnit Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad