Value of: RW Mark Stone

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Trouba, Kulikov, Perreault for Stone and Ceci.

Decent value for both sides IMO. I think it's becoming clear that Trouba and Stone won't be wearing their current jerseys long-term.

Perreault is a top 6 quality winger but redundant for the Jets, Kulikov is a mild salary dump but can eat some minutes when he's healthy. Trouba still RFA after next season so could be dealt if he won't commit to Ottawa. Perreault and Kulikov might have the Sens on their NTC's.

Jets make one run at the cup with Wheeler and Stone on the same roster. Jets sign Stone to a mega deal through his prime and the two Mark's and a Kyle line dominates the Central into the 2020's. Ceci can eat minutes on the right side and the Jets pretty much take care of their cap problems for the next couple seasons.

Go big, or go home...LOL

Ottawa trades

Stone
Karlsson

Winnipeg trades
Trouba
Wheeler
Perrault
Kulikov
Stanley
Vesalainen
2019 1st round pick

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I'd offer Nino for Stone. Stone is better player, but Nino is a 25-goal scorer on a reasonable contract for a couple more years.

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
A package around Stone for Faulk makes a bit of sense to me right now.

Obviously if the Sens weren't going through any of it's current issues, this scenario would never even cross my mind but given the current implications of what Mr.Melnyk is doing and the idea that seemingly no good player wants to stay here beyond the length of their contract.. adding a player with 2 more years of control at a team friendly cost compared to what appears to be a 1 year contract for stone would make some sense for Melnyk and Co.

Although I would want nothing to do with it, I could absolutely see something like this happening.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
As an Avs fan I’d trade Ottawa’s 1st straight up for Stone extended on an 8x8 contract.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh team will be sold or have a huge pocketed partner come aboard,and none of our top end stuff goes anywhere

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Obviously if the Sens weren't going through any of it's current issues, this scenario would never even cross my mind but given the current implications of what Mr.Melnyk is doing and the idea that seemingly no good player wants to stay here beyond the length of their contract.. adding a player with 2 more years of control at a team friendly cost compared to what appears to be a 1 year contract for stone would make some sense for Melnyk and Co.

Although I would want nothing to do with it, I could absolutely see something like this happening.

I could see the logic if we made a move for someone with 4-5 years on their deal, but this would be a mistake with JF only having 2 years left.

1 year of Stone > 2 years of Faulk

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

KPower

Jan 17, 2012

There’s a reason the canes are shopping Faulk.

He can’t play defense.

You don’t want anything to do with him, especially for Stone.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I think he's worth a lot more then Wilson that got 5,17mil / 6 years.
So i beleive 7mil / 6 years is acceptable

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
For what reason? They dont have a first next year. Tanking is counter productive at this point.
What should they do? Keep all three of their UFAs and let them walk next season? That pick should have no bearing on what they do going forward. If Melnyk sticks around the best way to get back on track is to liquidate the assets to get as much futures as they can.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Price now is likely no different than at the deadline. And if it is, at least the Sens will have a half a seasons worth of some decent players to make a respectable chance of not finishing in the bottom 5 and not giving up that in addition to what they already have for Duchene.
Yeah and then EK breaks his leg in January and then what? The pick is gone, it doesn't matter one bit to Ottawa where it will land. What should matter is building a good team going forward, not trying to tank the value of that pock and in the process play with fire. Like I said what if one of those three has a major injury like all of them had in the past? What if Duchene looks like he looked in his last full season in Colorado?

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Makar
Ottawa’s 1st
Ottawa’s 3rd

For

Karlsson and Stone unsigned.
That’s an awful idea for the Avs’ rebuild, way too much risk of them walking next summer to be giving up Makar and Ottawa’s first which without Stone and Karlsson would definitely be a top 5 pick. Your idea of Sens’ 1st for an extended Stone makes more sense assuming the Sens actually embrace the tank this season

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That’s an awful idea for the Avs’ rebuild, way too much risk of them walking next summer to be giving up Makar and Ottawa’s first which without Stone and Karlsson would definitely be a top 5 pick. Your idea of Sens’ 1st for an extended Stone makes more sense assuming the Sens actually embrace the tank this season
It’s Joe Sakic. There’s no way he makes that trade without understanding that those guys would be willing to stick around long term. By trading for them “unsigned” you give up less value. But I know he wouldn’t do it without some conversations first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad